7950GX2
Seagate Barracuda 320GB 3.0GB/s
Lite-On DVD-Burner
Your awesome case, ;) :)
OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU
Windows XP Professional

how's that?

Sounds good :)

For the hard drives in my case, I'm thinking of making a type of new mechanism for storing drives, so to show that, I need 4.

The plan is to have the hard drives in a lower section in the middle. One at the bottom, one at the top of the same section, and 2 on either side.

For instance, I was thinking about the raptor with the see through hole, as that would be mounted sideways next to the other 2, and another one on the other side.

Kind of like this when seen in the front view:

-
I I
-

So it makes a sqaure to allow air to pass inbetween them.

If I were you, I would go for some high end workstation graphics cards. Like the ATI FireGL V7350. Check it out here . Also, go for dual (as in 2 processors) or Quad dual-core AMD Opterons 28x series. And get like 8 Gig or more RAM. You can also get 15K RPM hard drives now.. .those would be nice.... Ok, this may be a bit over-board. What is your budget? I am guessing not enough to pay for what I just described. :D

I'm talking about a 3D computer though, so a budget does kind of exist, in terms of a home user, yet, no real limits, since I'm not really building anything... yet :p

So basically my dream but realistic PC for me to model and texture, and finally render :D

linnerd40 said:
If I were you, I would go for some high end workstation graphics cards. Like the ATI FireGL V7350. Check it out here . Also, go for dual (as in 2 processors) or Quad dual-core AMD Opterons 28x series. And get like 8 Gig or more RAM. You can also get 15K RPM hard drives now.. .those would be nice.... Ok, this may be a bit over-board. What is your budget? I am guessing not enough to pay for what I just described. :D
lol. there is none.

Ok, kage, go with those RaptorXs four of them in raid1 for data protection.
can you get 8GB instead of 2GB?
and do you need a sound card?
Quad SLI?

Depends on the motherboard I guess, and the configeration :)
2GB' seems pretty reasonable anyway though.

A sound card, yep, and Quad SLI?!!! haha... maybe...

For instance, if I got a 7900GTX config.. Just look at what I'll have to model:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...7900GTX&imgsz=xxlarge&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&sa=N

Some of it like the tracks are going to be a texture, but the main sticking out parts, so quite alot of it, will have to be modelled individually...*gulp*

I suggest the 7950GX2 over the 7900GTX. Alot better for rendering
I think Quadros may be a little overkill for this.
Just pick out any Sound card like a Creative Sound card.

Well that motherboard I listed supports up to 8GB.
But you have to have Windows Server X64 2003 R2
for it to see the 8GB. But if you go with 2Gb, go with Windows XP Pro.
And dont worry about DX10 cause when it comes out im sure there will be problems with it requireing patches.

Its not real though :p But yeah, 7950's might be kewl, thanks :)

Any reference images you can find, just post them here, and I'll search through them for textures, and to model with :D

Boardshot_GeForce_7900_GT_F.jpg

Are you really gonna build this?

Back
Top Bottom