New build opinions.

X-Fi has something like 30x as many transistors, and according to 3 mates who have it and loads of reviews and magazines music sounds way way better.

Don't worry about onboard sound - you really won't find any lagging or anything like that.

Zaki said:
yeah, i have the ocz powerstream 600 watts psu, its AWESOME!!!
the finishing, leds in the back and the wiring is superb.

hahaha, the PS600 is one of the worst psus made by OCZ. Their Powerstream 520 can handle more load than the 600.

Too bad some people have problems during games with the X-fi :rolleyes:

prosser13 said:
X-Fi has something like 30x as many transistors, and according to 3 mates who have it and loads of reviews and magazines music sounds way way better.

Don't worry about onboard sound - you really won't find any lagging or anything like that.

Transistor count doesn't really matter. Neither does the processor sou nd quality wise. The DAC is what really matters for sound quality, and they havnt changed it from Audigy 2 (except for the high end one)

I may only have a 100th of the transistors of the X-FI, but I know I have one of the worlds best sounding audio configuartions here :)

BTW: Did you know that Creative's highest end card IS NOT the X-FI. It's actually their EMU line :)

Nope I didn't know that :p

As for the onboard sound, comment on this later on. I'd like to see what you really think after trying it for a while :p

Then swap it with a dedicated and tell me if you'd honestly go back.

Kage said:
Nope I didn't know that :p

As for the onboard sound, comment on this later on. I'd like to see what you really think after trying it for a while :p

Then swap it with a dedicated and tell me if you'd honestly go back.

Well it's not my PC and if I build a personal CD i always have a dedicated sound card. Intergrated is like murder to the ears.

EDIT: Murder to my ears, but most people don't mind.

Back
Top Bottom