Gallery: Graphics Cards

Nope. Powercolor doesn't make ATI's own cards. The only reason why theres the ATI labeling on the heatsink is because they used the reference heatsink that ATI provided the specs for. Powercolor makes their own branded ATI cards, but they don't make cards that are branded under ATI. Sapphire does that. :)

alvino said:
Nope. Powercolor doesn't make ATI's own cards. The only reason why theres the ATI labeling on the heatsink is because they used the reference heatsink that ATI provided the specs for. Powercolor makes their own branded ATI cards, but they don't make cards that are branded under ATI. Sapphire does that. :)
Where we go again

The powercolor video card
tulx1600agp2.jpg

My video card

I dont know, what else do you need they look the same to me ;)

SAPPHIRE MAKES THE OEM CARDS DONT YOU GET IT??? THEN THEY SHIP IS TO WHOEVERS AND THEY PUT THEIR STICKER ON IT AND THEN THEY BRAND IT AS THEIR OWN. ATI DESIGNS GPUS, THEY DONT MANUFACTURE IT. I will believe that ATi makes their own cards when you give me a FAB number. Sapphire Tech makes the majority of the OEM cards for ATi and then they just make them into retail packages.

X1337, yes i did see the pictures. You know what that is? Its the reference PCB layout sent to manufactueres from ATi. Theh manufactuers have an option, to slap their own sticker on it, or just keep the reference sticker on it. How hard is that to comprehend? Have you not heard of OEM? ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURE. Then the OEM card gets sent to ATi, Powercolor, GeCube, ASUS, or Sapphire and then they package it with the S-video cables and what not to make it a retail package.

So it goes like this: GPU manufactured in a FAB----> assembled in a factory(OEM) --->sent to distributors ------> packaged with other goodies (retail) ------> sent to retailers to be sold.

Thank you, Ownage. X1337, I hate to sound mean to you, but it's pretty fustrating having to repeatedly explain to you that ATI DOES NOT make their own video cards.

alvino said:
Thank you, Ownage. X1337, I hate to sound mean to you, but it's pretty fustrating having to repeatedly explain to you that ATI DOES NOT make their own video cards.
yea but i told you that I was wrong.. look fo your self. I said it was Powercolor. Maby it was from Sapphire but the powercolor looks the same to me

Very nice. :D The 7600 GT is a great card for the money. :)

X1337 said:
yea but i told you that I was wrong.. look fo your self. I said it was Powercolor. Maby it was from Sapphire but the powercolor looks the same to me

Powercolor makes their own cards, but they don't make cards for ATI. If Powercolor chose to use the reference design that ATI gave to them, then they can do that. If they wanted to, they could've added their own heatsink etc, but it would make it more expensive. That's why for cheaper cards, they just leave the reference design that ATI gave them alone. Heck, all the companies that produce ATI cards just leave the reference design alone and they just slap their own stickers on it.

DSCN2119.jpg

See? HIS made that card, but all they did was take the reference design and slap their own stickers to the heatsink. That stock ATI heatsink is the same one that ATI provided to other companies to produce. If you took that sticker off, all you would see is Ruby (ATI's mascot) and the letters "ATI Radeon X1900 XT" underneath. It's ATI's reference heatsink, meaning if companies wanted to, they could take that heatsink off and use one of their own design. However, for the sake of pricing, they just slap a sticker on and leave it as it is.

alvino said:
Very nice. :D The 7600 GT is a great card for the money. :)

Powercolor makes their own cards, but they don't make cards for ATI. If Powercolor chose to use the reference design that ATI gave to them, then they can do that. If they wanted to, they could've added their own heatsink etc, but it would make it more expensive. That's why for cheaper cards, they just leave the reference design that ATI gave them alone. Heck, all the companies that produce ATI cards just leave the reference design alone and they just slap their own stickers on it.

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?p=427658#post427658

that is the powercolor card, and go up the page and you can see there the same. My video card isnt from ati or sapphire its from powercolor.. Powercolor made it

Back
Top Bottom