Gallery: Graphics Cards

It's not hard for ATI to just slap stickers on the heatsink and everything. Ever thought of that? Just because Sapphire Tech makes their video cards doesn't mean ATI can't use their own brand name for everything. Like I said, ATI is fabless meaning they don't make their own cards.

alvino said:
It's not hard for ATI to just slap stickers on the heatsink and everything. Ever thought of that? Just because Sapphire Tech makes their video cards doesn't mean ATI can't use their own brand name for everything. Like I said, ATI is fabless meaning they don't make their own cards.
Ok wtf, your getting no where with this so.... Anyways: this is my video card

Sapphire does make the ATi cards. Remember, ATi is a fabless company (or used to be at least) They have no equipment to manufactur pcbs or gpus. Sapphire does most it for them.

Wow...how hard is it to comprehend? ATI DOES NOT MAKE THEIR OWN CARDS. Just because it's from ATI does not mean another company cannot make it for them! They just slap their own ATI branded stickers on the heatsink, use their own ATI branded Guide books and use their own ATI branded boxes! Sapphire Tech makes the GPU itself along with the whole card itself. Is that easier to understand?

ATI is completely fabless, meaning they have no way to manufacture their own cards. Now that they've merged with AMD, they will have personal access to their own fabrication facilities.

alvino said:
Wow...how hard is it to comprehend? ATI DOES NOT MAKE THEIR OWN CARDS. Just because it's from ATI does not mean another company cannot make it for them! They just slap their own ATI branded stickers on the heatsink, use their own ATI branded Guide books and use their own ATI branded boxes! Sapphire Tech makes the GPU itself along with the whole card itself. Is that easier to understand?

ATI is completely fabless, meaning they have no way to manufacture their own cards. Now that they've merged with AMD, they will have personal access to their own fabrication facilities.
ok if yours so smart what type of video card do I have than? its not from ati than what is it from ;) Please im dying to know :). Last time a checked, when its a shappire video card the box would say Shappire on it or gecube but this box dont so what is it. Comeone im waiting ;)

Wow, you still don't get what I'm saying do you? ATI just slaps their own stickers and uses their own boxes. Sapphire Tech makes the GPU core, and fabs the whole video card for ATI, which then ATI slaps their own sticker on the heatsink, provided that Sapphire used the reference heatsink. They then put in the accessories and the ATI branded "Getting Started" booklet in the ATI branded box. The video card is still made by Sapphire, not ATI. ATI just uses their own boxes and labels. Just because ATI uses their own labeling on the heatsink or box DOES NOT mean it's impossible for Sapphire to produce the video card itself.

Tons of other companies make products for other companies. Who do you think makes the PSU's for ThermalTake? Sirtec and HEC/Compucase. ThermalTake just takes their PSU, slaps ThermalTake labeling all over it and ship it out inside a Thermaltake box.

alvino said:
Wow, you still don't get what I'm saying do you? ATI just slaps their own stickers and uses their own boxes. Sapphire Tech makes the GPU core, and fabs the whole video card for ATI, which then ATI slaps their own sticker on the heatsink, provided that Sapphire used the reference heatsink. They then put in the accessories and the ATI branded "Getting Started" booklet in the ATI branded box. The video card is still made by Sapphire, not ATI. ATI just uses their own boxes and labels. Just because ATI uses their own labeling on the heatsink or box DOES NOT mean it's impossible for Sapphire to produce the video card itself.

Tons of other companies make products for other companies. Who do you think makes the PSU's for ThermalTake? Sirtec and HEC/Compucase. ThermalTake just takes their PSU, slaps ThermalTake labeling all over it and ship it out inside a Thermaltake box.
What ever, im done trying to fight with you im right your wrong or we are both right or im wrong and your right who cares right? so drop it. Thank you ;) Where just wasting space and adding numbers to are post

*Sigh* Go on Anandtech or X-bit Lab's forums and as the same question. I guarantee you that they'll say the same thing I did. Those guys actually review and talk with the companies, so they know even more. You know how I know Sapphire makes ATI's cards? I read it from articles that THEY wrote. They know more than the both of us, so I would trust them.

Either way, I wasn't trying to fight you...I admit it was kinda fustrating, but I still think of you as a friend.

Back
Top Bottom