Question's about Xbox 360 and My PC

Peter Lachowicz said:
ps3 has blueray, and that will only be able to play blueray dvds, and since they say that ps3 is "backwards compatible", they say they will be able to play the games on ps2 and ps1, but bluray can only play bluray dvds, like some of mgm, i think. So thats why im considering to get xbox 360, for christmas

The PS3's Blu-Ray drive can play any kind of media other than HD-DVD. It can play DVD's and CD's as well. However, this is all built into the PS3, is the most expensive part. It costs Sony about $400-$500 to make this drive.

Microsoft is going the easier way. An external HD-DVD drive through USB or possibly HDMI (if Microsoft decides to). Because, Xbox 360 games will still be on conventional DVD's only media like movies will be on HD-DVD.

soccerfan said:
thanks for replying alvino but what else do you recommend me to buy (games)

Hmm...what genre do you like? Shooter? Action? Thriller? Racing?

Prey is out right now, and it's pretty good. I've played the PC demo and it's definately worth playing.

If you want my opinion, wait for this Holiday season. There will be AWESOME games, I guarantee you. Gears of War is coming out Fall 2006, Forza Motorsport and Microsoft's Xbox 360 Wireless Force Feedback Steering Wheel will come out side by side this Winter. If you didn't get a chance to play F.E.A.R. and experience it with all the settings at max, it's coming out on the Xbox 360 near the end of this year. If you like RPG games, Ninety-Nine Nights is very interesting. It's something like Dynasty Warriors if you've ever played it and should be out August 2006. Just Cause is coming out Fall 2006, and it's comething like Far Cry meets Grand Theft Auto. Splinter Cell: Double Agent is coming out this September, and I can tell it'll be a good one. Dead Rising is coming out August, and it's probably one of the funniest games relating to zombies (a game that can finally have a dumb AI). Anything can be used as a weapon, and I mean everything. TV's, Pots, Bowling Balls etc. Rainbow Six Vegas is coming out this Holiday season, and it'll be a good one, especially after seeing the E3 2006 Gameplay Demo. Sonic the Hedgehog is coming back this Winter.

OH, and don't forget the new peripherals coming out this Holiday season (yes, THIS Holiday season).

- Xbox 360 Wireless Headset: Now you can chat without having to worry about wires and the batteries are easily rechargable.

the-new-wireless-fleet-200605081130.jpg

- Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player: An external HD-DVD player for the Xbox 360 and you can finally watch movies in 720p.

158tifjpgcopy.jpg

- Xbox Live Vision: Microsoft's EyeToy killer. :D You can use this camera to chat with people and take pictures for your Xbox Live profile. Also, in some games like World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions, you can use the Vision to see your competitor's face and they can see yours.

xboxcamera.jpg

- Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel: Built to complement Forza Motorsport 2, this wheel supports true force feedback and comes with a two-pedal foot box. I have high hopes for this one, considering Microsoft's great history with force-feedback PC peripherals.

241.jpg

Probably not too much. We'll see...it'll come out near the end of this year.

alvino said:
Hmm...what genre do you like? Shooter? Action? Thriller? Racing?

Prey is out right now, and it's pretty good. I've played the PC demo and it's definately worth playing.

If you want my opinion, wait for this Holiday season. There will be AWESOME games, I guarantee you. Gears of War is coming out Fall 2006, Forza Motorsport and Microsoft's Xbox 360 Wireless Force Feedback Steering Wheel will come out side by side this Winter. If you didn't get a chance to play F.E.A.R. and experience it with all the settings at max, it's coming out on the Xbox 360 near the end of this year. If you like RPG games, Ninety-Nine Nights is very interesting. It's something like Dynasty Warriors if you've ever played it and should be out August 2006. Just Cause is coming out Fall 2006, and it's comething like Far Cry meets Grand Theft Auto. Splinter Cell: Double Agent is coming out this September, and I can tell it'll be a good one. Dead Rising is coming out August, and it's probably one of the funniest games relating to zombies (a game that can finally have a dumb AI). Anything can be used as a weapon, and I mean everything. TV's, Pots, Bowling Balls etc. Rainbow Six Vegas is coming out this Holiday season, and it'll be a good one, especially after seeing the E3 2006 Gameplay Demo. Sonic the Hedgehog is coming back this Winter.

OH, and don't forget the new peripherals coming out this Holiday season (yes, THIS Holiday season).

- Xbox 360 Wireless Headset: Now you can chat without having to worry about wires and the batteries are easily rechargable.

the-new-wireless-fleet-200605081130.jpg

- Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player: An external HD-DVD player for the Xbox 360 and you can finally watch movies in 720p.

158tifjpgcopy.jpg

- Xbox Live Vision: Microsoft's EyeToy killer. :D You can use this camera to chat with people and take pictures for your Xbox Live profile. Also, in some games like World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions, you can use the Vision to see your competitor's face and they can see yours.

xboxcamera.jpg

- Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel: Built to complement Forza Motorsport 2, this wheel supports true force feedback and comes with a two-pedal foot box. I have high hopes for this one, considering Microsoft's great history with force-feedback PC peripherals.

241.jpg

cooool nice i think the webcams have been released in some places and i like every kind of game the games im waiting for is halo 3 and c.o.f 2 and love football.

Peter before you buy the xbox dont buy the core system because it havent got any hard drive nor neccessory accessories so buy te premium there are no big difference
in the price even ;)

thanks but i already knew, but hey, i gave you rep, lol but thanks anyways, im in a good mood today cuz i had a huge dinner:D

good luck peter

i'v replyed at your games thread about the xbox ;)

thanks alvino alot you've helped i appriecete it alot im gonnna have to give him rep

best times

Back
Top Bottom