X1600 Power taker

Might as well get a high efficiency psu rather than 2 low not efficient psus. Go with a 500W Fortron AX-500, or an OCZ PS 520.

ownage said:
Might as well get a high efficiency psu rather than 2 low not efficient psus. Go with a 500W Fortron AX-500, or an OCZ PS 520.
yea but I cant plug 100 dollors off the money tree and get my self a psu, I have no money anymore after this video that cost me 100 dollors, I had money I would get OCZ 620W SLi

You can choose to use two PSU's if you want, but over time, you'll just waste enough money that you could've bought a new PSU anyways.

There is nothing wrong with that 12V rail.

If you buy a second PSU your going to have to find somewhere to fit it, mod them or buy an adapter so they start up at the same time, and it's not really going to make much difference.

Look at it this way - you've bought a mid range card, and your PSU can easily handle it, but your tricking yourself into thinking you've got an amazing PC and the PSU can't cope.

It can.

Alot of people only use two PSU's if they have lots of hardware, or lots of mods.

For example, you many need two PSU's if you have ten hard drives, and 6 cathode neons.

Well, maby if Iput 2 psus than I ca get a better overclock on the video card becuase, the video card is 90um core and when I go over 460mhz on memory the screen goes grey

Nope. Usually the overclockability of your video card depends on the video card itself, not your PSU.

alvino said:
Nope. Usually the overclockability of your video card depends on the video card itself, not your PSU.
yea, but it will need more watts if you overclock. Becuase I got a floppy connection pluged in the Video card and if you overclock wouldnt the video card take more watts like a cpu

Back
Top Bottom