My Wireless/Wired Network Problem!!!

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
Okay, I've been using a WRT54G Wireless Router for the past what, 4 months now on my desktop (D-Link DWL-G520) and on my mom/dad's laptop. The laptop works fine, but for my desktop my downloads seem to be going slow to what they would be while using a wired LAN connection, so today I bought a 25ft cat5/ethernet cable and hooked it to the router, then to the computer, then the light on the front started blinking, so i though okay, this might be good. when i turned the computer on all my router settings were reset and i wasn't able to connect to the internet via the wireless, but i was able to using the ethernet cable, but heres the problem (3 acutually): [1] when i try to connect to my wireless network, it says its acquiring network address, then it says its connected, and it stays like that for about 30 seconds, then it disconnects. [2] when i connect via ethernet, it says acquiring network address, and stays that way but i'm practically connected. [3] when i run the linksys setup stuff, i follow the directions, then it says its checking my computer settings, then a password screen comes up...what is this?
sound kind of long but thats the complete problem(s).

Sounds like something happened to the router during this process. Set the router back to factory defaults, and reconfigure. I know you said you set it up again, but did you set it back to factory defaults and then setup, or just tried setup when you couldn't connect?

i think i did, but during the setup it asks for some kind of password...
okay my LAN problem is working fine now but the wireless is still having problems.

i have a router like that and i had problems like that for a couple of days. i just kept resetting the router and then it just worked.

Back
Top Bottom