They're back..

ArrizX said:
I bet college girls are more fun
ashamed0006.gif

Heck yes im sure but we can only imagine lol any ways

any ways, I see that you are suing Fireofx I am going to recomend you a great FF extension called
"Adblock"
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/10/
once you install it restart ff then if you see an image that you dont want to see you right click on the picture and hit adblock image

Nobody understands that if everyone blocks the advertisements, where is David, and other administrators, going to get money to fund the site?

Yes, I know. There are still many people without adblockers that can definitely keep the site going, but the more money that goes into the site, maybe better features. I mean, who knows?

I'm not referring to that ad in particular here, but the Google ads. Why do they need to be blocked? They are just text ads, and sometimes I find they are actually useful.

One time, on a website, where I was looking for information and pictures of the 57 chevy, I saw an Google text advertisement there that appeared to link to information; so I clicked it, it supported the webmaster of the site that the ad was appearing on, and in return I got some valuable information; and yes, the site that the ad linked to was excellent. There were many photos too. :)

That's just my two cents, you can look at it many ways and compare the pros and cons, altough the pros of having adblockers is a more enjoyable experience from not having annoying image ads, but blocking Google ads, in my opinion, why? They are only text, they aren't slowing down the page, every impression counts. :)

Jordan Pardy said:
Nobody understands that if everyone blocks the advertisements, where is David, and other administrators, going to get money to fund the site?
there are no other admins.

David is the admin. (one and only).
Zane is his friend (who wanted to see something with Vbulletin admin pannel).
and Matrix is an account made by david for some other random purpose.

No no, I don't mean here at CF, I mean the internet in general.

Most free websites and forums run completely off advertisements, and if everyone blocked them, they wouldn't get any funding to fund the website.

indeed...

I can see why some people do block ads, (popup ads are especially annoying)...

but the fact is that advertising revenue does help keep a lot of sites on the internet...
for many large sites the alternative would be asking people to donate, or forcing them to buy an account.

root said:
indeed...

I can see why some people do block ads, (popup ads are especially annoying)...

but the fact is that advertising revenue does help keep a lot of sites on the internet...
for many large sites the alternative would be asking people to donate, or forcing them to buy an account.
Yeah, but with costs of licensing and a dedicated server, donations might not be enough. In my case, when I ran my forum, even though I used shared hosting at $5 per month, I had to shut it down.

There weren't many impressions on the advertisements, meaning they were probably blocked, there hardly ever were clicks or anything. :(

Back
Top Bottom