I lost against Linux distros

lhuser

Golden Master
From 12PM to 8:30PM...straight Linux Installation. Whatver distro I put, let it be OpenSus 10.1, 9.0, Mandrake 10.1 or even Ubuntu Breezy Badger, It will find whatever reasons to fail.

I just pop in Vista 5456 and it works like as if it is demanding t. I checked Every single thing, you even name it, but this freaking thing will not do.

This is the AMD Case. My P4 is broke down and the board is RMAed ATM.

If anyone is willing to help, I will help you by the specs:

PC Chips (ECS) M825G V9.2C CPU Onboard
AMD Athlon Thunderbird @ 1333MHZ DDR (Effective speed: 2666)
1GB RAM (512MB Generic DDR400, the other, Kingston ValueRAM DDR333)
120GB HDD with bad sectors starting at 70%
60GB with no bad sectors
LG DVD RAM drive
LG CD Burner drive
Geforce 4 MX 4000

I tried using the 60GB, since it had no bad sectors, swapped memory, tried onboard video...nothing...just sits there.

Before that, when I had the10 gigger in there, in addition of a 20, I was able to install Mandrake without problems. Here's the old specs when Iinstalled it.

Same board
Same CPU
256MB RAM Generic
10GB HDD
20GB HDD
LG DVD-RAM
Generic CD drive
Onboard VIA Unichrome IGP Pro graphics (8MB Shared)

That set up was able to install Mandrake or RedHat 9 without a problem. Now, it doesn't anymore...GAAARRRRGH!

What is oh bloody wrong?

Every single time I run installation, something major occurs and I can't install them.

Suse 10.1 has intergrity check failures here and there.
Suse 9.0 freeses at the end of the load, during install
Mandrake freezes after accepting te Liscense
Ubuntu can't format my hard drives

I tried Safe Settings, ACPI disabled, but it will just not do.

I found a way with Suse 10.1, by updating te OS each time, but it gave me a verbose login, and during the second setup (Also verbose), it would not show me the account creation.

I tried onboard video, tried different CD/DVD drives...it just won't go in.

But, I am not too sure about this but, when Mandrakee worked, my BIOS was not flashed. Now, it is flashed to the latest. I don't know if it has to do someting with this.

Have fun...seems that's it's like impossible to do.

Whatver you mentioned, I tried that...but I flashed my BIOS before. Could that bethe problem?

x0r515t said:
Your asking at the wrong forum. Go here and ask:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/
hey hey. I posted in there too. Just because this forum is apparantly bad for my thing, doesn't mean that the guys from here ar there.

In any other thing though, this case is closed. II am up and running, and all I did was to repair my PS/2 port '_'

Back
Top Bottom