Christmas came early for Alvino!

Well yeah...the PCB design was different. The 7600 GT's utilize less PCB space mostly because there aren't as many capacitors now, so that means more room. I took two pics, one with and one without flash.

DSCN2134.jpg

DSCN2133.jpg

alvino said:
It's not hard. Just unscrew everything and just wiggle it a bit while pulling it. It should come out fine. Make sure you have 70%+ Rubbing Alcohol and remove the old thermal paste stuff. Apply Arctic Ceramique on the RAM and core and you know the rest. You can use Arctic Silver 5 also, but ONLY on the core. It'll short the RAM out, because it uses bits of silver. Arctic Ceramique is okay on RAM because it doesn't conduct.
so did the cooler come with the heatsinks for the ram and will other coolers come with em?

MooseMan said:
so did the cooler come with the heatsinks for the ram and will other coolers come with em?

Zalman heatsinks always come with the small RAMsinks, so if you're using Zalman, no need to worry. About other coolers, that would depend. What brand and cooler are you planning to use?

alvino said:
It's not hard. Just unscrew everything and just wiggle it a bit while pulling it. It should come out fine. Make sure you have 70%+ Rubbing Alcohol and remove the old thermal paste stuff. Apply Arctic Ceramique on the RAM and core and you know the rest. You can use Arctic Silver 5 also, but ONLY on the core. It'll short the RAM out, because it uses bits of silver. Arctic Ceramique is okay on RAM because it doesn't conduct.

I would recommend 90%+, i personally use 91% rubbing alcohol. I like to use AS5 on the core and Ceramique on the memory. haha, alvin you would have never gotten that stuff if it wasnt for me :p

Back
Top Bottom