Christmas came early for Alvino!

john123 said:
i dont see why you guys are wasting money on top of the line gfx cards right now when you can get even better DirectX 10 gfx cards when they come out.
well u know it might be over a year before direct X 10 goes into full effect...

john123 said:
i dont see why you guys are wasting money on top of the line gfx cards right now when you can get even better DirectX 10 gfx cards when they come out.

1. There's still a while before DirectX 10 games become widespread.
2. DirectX 10 is bound to be buggy upon release. Remember DirectX 9? Initial performance was so crappy that DirectX 8 even offered better performance.
3. EXPENSIVE!
4. I'm not going to buy Windows Vista for maybe a year or two after launch.

People are so hyped up on DirectX 10 that they've forgotten that it's best to wait then buy it later. ;)

MooseMan said:
:D Congrats alvino, how hard was it 2 get the old heatsink off/put the new one on? i am still thinking of doing it

It's not hard. Just unscrew everything and just wiggle it a bit while pulling it. It should come out fine. Make sure you have 70%+ Rubbing Alcohol and remove the old thermal paste stuff. Apply Arctic Ceramique on the RAM and core and you know the rest. You can use Arctic Silver 5 also, but ONLY on the core. It'll short the RAM out, because it uses bits of silver. Arctic Ceramique is okay on RAM because it doesn't conduct.

MarxSoccer said:
What did that x1900xt replace?

nVIDIA GeForce 6800 from BFG Tech. 128MB DDR etc etc.

I'm selling it, so if anyone is interested, PM me.

PerfectSK said:
It looks excellent. Great job. The x1900xt looks monster big outside its box.

Actually, it's not really that big. The size of the PCB was the same size as my 6800's. It's just the heatsink that makes it look long.

Back
Top Bottom