Harddrive boot Priority Keeps swapping

Fisher

Fully Optimized
My hardrive priority keeps swapping around. for example I have 6 hardrives in total. 2 of them raptors that are in RAID 0 which have the operating system that keeps on swaps from the 1st priority to the last meaning that when it goes through bios and starts to boot windows up and cant as it doesnt find the operating system producing errors like these:

BOOT DISK CANT BE FOUND (something like that)

Windows cannot find a system32 file, please reinstall it ( along the line of that)

and the latest was MBR error.

now this doesnt happen all the time, once in every 8 boot ups.

all i have to do to correct the problem is go into bios and change the prority back to the raptors

is there a way to lock the hard drive boot priority? or does anyone know whats happening here?

Fisher said:
My hardrive priority keeps swapping around. for example I have 6 hardrives in total. 2 of them raptors that are in RAID 0 which have the operating system that keeps on swaps from the 1st priority to the last meaning that when it goes through bios and starts to boot windows up and cant as it doesnt find the operating system producing errors like these:

BOOT DISK CANT BE FOUND (something like that)

Windows cannot find a system32 file, please reinstall it ( along the line of that)

and the latest was MBR error.

now this doesnt happen all the time, once in every 8 boot ups.

all i have to do to correct the problem is go into bios and change the prority back to the raptors

is there a way to lock the hard drive boot priority? or does anyone know whats happening here?
hmm thats odd, i would look around ur bios and make sure that there isn't anything that mentions your options being changed automatically. also u may be able 2 change someting in your raid setting 2 make the raptors be the boot devices

just had a look and there is nothing that i can see that relates to the hard drives that autmatically change it. nothing in my raid options either

Fisher said:
just had a look and there is nothing that i can see that relates to the hard drives that autmatically change it. nothing in my raid options either
hmmm....i'm not a bios expert so this seems 2 be a hard field to work with.... are your cables set up in the right order as far as primary and secondary plugs go? also u could maybe change the raid order in the raid settings?

Back
Top Bottom