AMD Buys ATi

ownage said:
Intel and nVidia dont have very good relations. ATi will still develop the RD600 for Intel and that will be the last ATi chipset for the Intel platform.
Well they don't really have a bad relationship, just not a happy 1 eather. now that ati is part of AMD idk if there will be any chipsets for intel from ati AT ALL anymore. AMD is intels head rival.

@big Lu- it'll be at least 2008 before we see any intergration between CPU's and GPU's...i donno if those technologies will be in use by 08, or at least not top market products.

MooseMan said:
oi! forth already? damn i am behind or something. i didn't see it on the new posts like big things usually are....i never use the search, lol

Haha, Paradox made one, ZoomTm made one, X1337 made one and You made one! :D

As for the merger, it's likely that nVIDIA will still develop chipsets for the AMD platform, just don't expect any other chipsets from ATI for Intel other than the RD600. If all goes well, AMD will probably just let ATI be it's own branch of AMD. Hector Ruiz (CEO of AMD) still wants the whole market to be based on choices, and doesn't want to choke any company out. So just because you own Intel, doesn't mean buying a ATI card will mean less support or it won't work etc.

Never trust The Inquirer. Sometimes they might be right, but most of the time they're pure rumors.

Back
Top Bottom