Low memory

Caz

Solid State Member
Hi. ive got really low memory on my laptop (4%), ive bought some more memory but i need a screw drive to put it in and i cant get that for a while so i was wondering, is there any program i can download for the time being that will speed up my computer a little until i have time to go and get a screw drive? it doesnt have to free up loads of space just enough to last me till i can put the memory in. thanks.

Just disable as many services as you can, and processes. Or, use a knife, or scissors to open it.

Nice t' see you about!

You could also try doing a disk cleanup and disk disfragmenter it may speed up your pc a little bit.

Somehow I get the feeling that he is speaking about his hdd space... :confused:

But if u are talking about ram then those programs posted above should help a little. And if it's hdd space then just delete some files that u don't need.
And u can probably figure out a way to open it without a screw driver.
Or then just go to a shop and buy a screw driver, they are not expensive and u will most likely need them many times in the future.

The best thing to do if you are trying to save memory is terminate uneeded services and threads. Usually, programs that say they will speed up your computer are bogus programs, but of course there are some that could be helpful. The best thing though, if you want to save memory, is not to load more things into it.

Its_me said:
You could also try doing a disk cleanup and disk disfragmenter it may speed up your pc a little bit.
Yeah i've done that several times but it hasn't really helped lol.
i'll try downloading those other things though.
That memory card i bought didn't fit :( that'll teach me to ramdomly buy stuff at work without making sure if its the right thing lol

Do you know how much RAM you have?

And did you buy a memory card, or a memory stick (for laptops)?

Back
Top Bottom