Ummm?

@Moose
Really? Lol, I think that is just to scare you and get you to stop sharing it. Which I did, I don't play on dlling stuff at my house for a while, I will just do it at other people's houses cause they don't care o_O

OK...

the letter is actually legit...

Baytsp is an actual company that pose as a file sharer to monitor file sharing activities... the fact that you were using limewire and not emule doesn't really matter much since both use the gnutella network and are fairly indestinguishable.

I think the best course of action (knowing that you did download the movies at the times that were stated), is to fill in the web submission for in the link at baytsp and say that you've ceased and desisted.

this is unlikely to be a scam because they aren't asking you to do anything that would generate them money, and the links in the email are all legitimate including names and addresses.

root said:
OK...

the letter is actually legit...

Baytsp is an actual company that pose as a file sharer to monitor file sharing activities... the fact that you were using limewire and not emule doesn't really matter much since both use the gnutella network and are fairly indestinguishable.

I think the best course of action (knowing that you did download the movies at the times that were stated), is to fill in the web submission for in the link at baytsp and say that you've ceased and desisted.

this is unlikely to be a scam because they aren't asking you to do anything that would generate them money, and the links in the email are all legitimate including names and addresses.
well if i reply can they track me and get me in deep shit or anything? btw the timestamp for what they said i downloaded was wrong but i did get the thing they listed

Well I already filled it out and sent it. I don't think I need to phone them.

@Moose
How long ago was this Mooseman? And also, the timestamp can be anytime that you were connected because they don't get it from you downloading it, but you uploading it.

BamaFan2989 said:
Well I already filled it out and sent it. I don't think I need to phone them.

@Moose
How long ago was this Mooseman? And also, the timestamp can be anytime that you were connected because they don't get it from you downloading it, but you uploading it.
it was a few min ago, and what exactly did u say to them?

MooseMan said:
well if i reply can they track me and get me in deep shit or anything? btw the timestamp for what they said i downloaded was wrong but i did get the thing they listed
they've already tracked you...
they got your IP address...
they link that to your provider.
and then they get the provider to contact you...

needless to say this is how those pepsi kids were caught and busted...
assuming you ignore all warnings al that will happen is the interested parties, (probably a third party with financial interest working for the large publishers) will supiona (sp?) your records from your ISP and then come knocking on your door.

root said:
they've already tracked you...
they got your IP address...
they link that to your provider.
and then they get the provider to contact you...

needless to say this is how those pepsi kids were caught and busted...
assuming you ignore all warnings al that will happen is the interested parties, (probably a third party with financial interest working for the large publishers) will supiona (sp?) your records from your ISP and then come knocking on your door.
well the e-mail is a warning to stop whatever is going on and report back that it has been stopped right? so if nothing else happens with a report back to them saying it wont happen again will keep everything good wont it?

I just replied with a "I stopped sharing it, and I won't do it anymore. And I thought it could have been a friend." Cause a lot of friends come here and download stuff overnight too.

Back
Top Bottom