What's wrong with MySpace?!?

ArrizX said:
Let me rephrase. Their server sucks for the amount of usage it receives. It is impressive all in its self, but needs to be a tad faster. Gets bogged down with emo kids mid day.

And thats just space, whats the speed of what kind of servers? And how many? And how in the hell do you even know that?

lol Emo kids

Edit:Becomes emo *Cut* :D Jk

ArrizX said:
Let me rephrase. Their server sucks for the amount of usage it receives. It is impressive all in its self, but needs to be a tad faster. Gets bogged down with emo kids mid day.

And thats just space, whats the speed of what kind of servers? And how many? And how in the hell do you even know that?

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/myspace1.htm

They sure got ALOT of proxy servers I see :S

Holy shit.

myspace.jpg

And I ran outta screenspace, their's probolly doubble.

Database: MySpace has a 20-terabyte (TB), scalable cluster of Isilon IQ 1920i servers. (A terabyte is 1 trillion bytes.) The cluster stores users' uploaded media files (images, videos, songs), among other things. It runs on 3.2-GHz Intel Xeon processors and has 10 server nodes storing 1.92 TB each. The nodes communicate on the InfiniBand architecture, which establishes point-to-point, serial connections between each server node. Isilon reports that data-transfer speeds are in the neighborhood of 3 GBps.
omg lol imagine the price for that 20tb!

it dosent cost all that much by itself,actually hosting it though does,and networking it. but think about it,they get a mill off adds alone in a day

They have to have such fast and big servers. It's one of the US's most popular sites, second only to Yahoo!, so they need the servers.

alvino said:
They have to have such fast and big servers. It's one of the US's most popular sites, second only to Yahoo!, so they need the servers.

They now have overtaken yahoo

i think they need 2 get rid of some of the things taking ^ soooo much stuff. and also get rid of profiles that havn't been acessed within like 2.5 years or something. if they didn't add that music and video crap it would be so much faster.

Back
Top Bottom