We need to see the names..

also it will only let u rep some1 once or twice, so it can't become 2 big of a war between users.

Jordan: that grey u see is from when they don't click on agree or disagree i think....i've gotten like 5 of them. :( and i KNOW one of them was suppost 2 be good because it said "thanks for the fast responce"

EDIT: nvm i just looked it automatically says i agree....so idk where the grey comes from....maybe u still have 2 click on it regardless

Ok, guys, I figured out what the grey is, I think, as I said before:

I received rep points from new members, where I've helped them or something, and they are always grey, even when that member leaves it as agree and a good comment. I think its because their rep power isn't good enough to raise it a point, so it just comes out as grey.

That's just my theory. Anyway I contacted David and that point from Brookfield wasn't from Brookfield, but from another member pretending to be Brookfield, so he removed it and cleared Maurice's name :)

If the bar is grey, that means the person that gave you the point, is a new member, and does not have the rights to give positive rep.

I feel that we should be able to see, and if someone abuses it then hey punish them. Me I'd just like to know, I wouldn't go out hunting for them or anything. I'd be like HEH ok o well. Plus generally I got a good idea of where my rep comes from, this is based from reading the thread and stuff but not 100% sure.

Now that daivid spent time getting the rep system working it's turned into some sort of horrible pandoras box!!

I don't see why new members are not able to give rep points, (well in some ways I do but in other ways it seems unfair).
people signup here all the time asking for help, and they generally give rep points to the people who did help them! -it's a shame if they don't count for anything...

I don't think members need to see the rep givers name, but it would be handy if a moderator could see the name and take action as appropriate. (that way action could be taken, and no 'rep war' need be started.)

So far as someone giving you a neg rep cause they don't like the content, you are greatful for pos rep when they do like the content, so if the content is offensive, then perhaps you should suck it up! just like you would be if it were a positive point saying 'great subject'...

Just so you all know. I don't sign my rep points, so if you get one from me with my name attached, it's most likely not from me.

root said:
Now that daivid spent time getting the rep system working it's turned into some sort of horrible pandoras box!!

I don't see why new members are not able to give rep points, (well in some ways I do but in other ways it seems unfair).
people signup here all the time asking for help, and they generally give rep points to the people who did help them! -it's a shame if they don't count for anything...

I don't think members need to see the rep givers name, but it would be handy if a moderator could see the name and take action as appropriate. (that way action could be taken, and no 'rep war' need be started.)
well once u create something, it often if not always requires some tweaking.

i agree with the second point made, i have alot of grey marks that could have my rep higher (or lower >.>)

and last i agree there 2, mods should be able 2 manage the rep system so that if some pointless neg rep is given, it can be removed.

If i am correct Mods cannot access the rep system only admins but i think you can assign them as user only admins.

It's only rep, it don't mean jack in the long run i don't see what's the concern is all these threads, i mean who cares.

Fast Hosty said:
If i am correct Mods cannot access the rep system only admins but i think you can assign them as user only admins.
either that or I just havn't found the option to view it...

well once u create something, it often if not always requires some tweaking.
fully agree, but we arn't seeing that it needs tweaking, we're seeing that it's being completly abused as a way to annoy people and needs some kind of 24hr nannying by the admin or moderators to help try to stop the abuse!

I've been "got at" too, someone using my name has been giving negative points, but David investigated, & put me in the clear, thank heaven, this guy is DANGEROUS, not only to me, I know, but if I hadn't been cleared, & it kept happening, Icould have lost my position as mod, & as I rely on this to liven my life up at my age, it would have been disasterous, & I wouuld have definitely left CF, & spent the rest of my life bored out of my mind! :(

Back
Top Bottom