We need to see the names..

joxley1990

Golden Master
Right, now that we have found out that mods can see who gave them rep, it has sturred things up a bit.

When us regular members, give someone some sort of reputation, we have the choice to leave a message. So, alot of us, put messages like..

Thanks for the help - from joxley1990
or
Thanks - joxley1990

I personally would like people to know I gave them a rep - just something I like, and im sure other people do as well.

So, what if we give people negative reputation, we don't want our names on then! And what if people posted a message with the rep, along the lines of..

Bad rep for you - Brookfield

I can post that, easily, and no-one, apart from mods, can see who truly posted it.

So, I feel, that it would be an appropriate decision, if us regular members, could see who gave us the rep - whether it be negative, or not.

This is a screenshot from a members user CP, in which I have promised not to name, he was given a bad rep, from what he though was Brookfield, but, he knows it was not..

repir4.gif

So, he would like to know who that was, because we know it was not Brookfield, because he had no reason to give him that. Also, there was a certain member posting in that same thread, who does not get on, with this certain member (this is getting confusing now)

So, I feel, us regular members should have the power to see who gave us reputation, I think it is only fair.

Sorry Brookfield for using you as an example up there, where I said "Bad rep for you - Brookfield" - Didn't know who else to use..:)

Ok, thats my UserCP, which I sent a screenshot of to Joxley, and now its in a thread. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I don't know if it was Brookfield or not, and i wouldn't expect him to do that, but I guess I'll just have to wait for a response.

BTW, this is a little offtopic, but I discovered the grey reputation thing. Two of the newer members left rep for me, for some reason, and it appeared as grey like that, i guess because they didn't ahve enough rep to give to me. maybe thats what the grey rep means...

I agree that we should be able to see who gave us the reputation, but still, it could start in major reputation wars. Like one member says, "Hey, you gave me a bad rep!" and then leaves a bad rep for that other member for no reason, and so on and so on.

:(

Jordan Pardy said:
Ok, thats my UserCP, which I sent a screenshot of to Joxley, and now its in a thread. :rolleyes:

Lol, you gave me permission dude, ill take it out if you want..

i love to be able to see who gives me rep :) wether good or bad, and I wont go starting wars over who gave mr bad rep because i dont care that much lol

Jordan Pardy said:
Maybe we should be able to see who gives us positive rep only :)
I kinda agree. Certain people would see someone gave them bad rep and then they would spam that person to death with bad rep.

No, No, No, what would be the point in that. If people are abusing the system, we need to know who they are!

Back
Top Bottom