Starting to learn basic and.........

Well im starting to learn BASIC to programm a progra mcalle Diskpro Suite that will be able to,Make an exct copy of a floppy disk,Foramt and quick format a floppy disk,scan a floppy disk for errors,create bootable floppy disks,does any body know anything else i could get this program to do and does anybody nkow anyother good programming languages i could start to lear nand that could download 4 free?????

A bit confused here, you are making a program and you want ideas for new features no? Why are you asking about other programming languages, and do you mean application or web programming?

In any case, the website www.thefreecountry.com can help you with reveiws, articles, links and downloads in a lot of different languages. My language recommendation would be C, C++, Java and/or Assembler. This hit list is not something that you'll learn over night, but working on it a little at a time can make your life a lot easier later, IMHO.

neodude112320 said:
Well yeah,im writing a program for DOS in Basic,And im looking or some ideas on some features i can add.

what is the program for or what does it do.. I am pretty good with DOS

Well currently what it is going to do is:

Make exact copies of floppy disks
Formats
Quick formats
Scans for bad sectors

and that all 4 now,i cant think of anything else 4 it 2 do

Ived gotte neverything out of the way exept "making an exact copy"it will getthrought the part that it copies the files off the floppy disk and into a temp folder,but when it runs the next line of code wich is supposed to open another prgram,it just stops.The Script is just a dos batch file

COPY A:

C:\disksuite\suite\temp

C:\disksuite\suite\COP.exe

When it is supposed to run the program it says bad command or filename,ived cheked it over and over agian and it still wont budge!!!

Back
Top Bottom