Windows Server 2003

X1337 said:
Server 2003 seams to be fast :rolleyes:Also becuase 2003 server takes less ram!
Wrong!

Windows Server 2003 will take a good 116MB RAM.
Windows XP take a goo 58MB RAM

joxley1990 said:
Can you do a straight upgrade from XP home to Server 2003?

What more options do you have to play with?
You cant.. What I did is, the file was a rar not ISO, so I burned the files inside the RAR to the iso cd. Its not bootable but if you go to my computer and click on the windows server 2003 setup c.d. It will just copy the setup files and reboot and pick windows server 2003 on the OS list screen. Than it will load the setup files that takes 3 seconds. Than you just pick where you want server 2003 installed and there your done.

I didnt play it will alot of it but, I found the setuping up a network easyer than xp, using a server program runing faster

lhuser said:
Wrong!

Windows Server 2003 will take a good 116MB RAM.
Windows XP take a goo 58MB RAM

do you see 58MB? hmm no. It depends on the ram. Like if you have 128MB of ram than windows will take maby 60MB or less or even more

joxley1990 said:
Right, might try it, im just buying it now. How easy is the setup..?
it went fast for me, but I have sata

Things I like about 2003:

- Fast

- with just firewall, msn runing I have about 700MB+ of ram from 1GB

- Drivers installed fine, there was no confilt at all

Things I didnt like about 2003:

- Some programs think that server 2003 is NT, so when you try to setup it says please install NTSp6 to install this program. Im sure microsoft has some bypass for that or update

- 3dmark01 didnt work becuase it sayed that DX8 wasnt installed, even though I have 9.0c installed

I didnt update windows server 2003, like I didnt install SP1 or any other updates so these problems mit be fix if you update

joxley1990 said:
No, I mean, is it the same as XP home?
Never tryed XP home, I dont know if its the same has XP pro

X1337 said:

do you see 58MB? hmm no. It depends on the ram. Like if you have 128MB of ram than windows will take maby 60MB or less or even more
Actually, the initial boot will take ~58mb. I tried it.

Back
Top Bottom