Windows Server 2003

X1337

Fully Optimized
I finally installed 2003 server, I had no internet for like 5 hours. So here is my reults on server 2003 on SuperPI 1M

Before I get 48seconds

Why would you make a post with super pi just because it's on another OS? You're OS isn't going to help even .02% with you're super pi time.

MarxSoccer said:
Why would you make a post with super pi just because it's on another OS? You're OS isn't going to help even .02% with you're super pi time.
Well, becuase I heard that its more optimze. THis Idea started when I first downloaded VISTA Beta 2, I was on my celeron D at the time that got 52seconds on SuperPI 1M. After playing with vista I got 48seconds so I trying out other OS to see what is faster.. Server 2003 seams to be fast :rolleyes:Also becuase 2003 server takes less ram!

Well you're talking about Vista.. Server03 and XP and very similiar. Vista is on a completely different level.. It's faster because you don't have as many processes running in the background since you just intalled it and don't have that much junk on it.

Because that is a new install, it will feel nicer, and you will get better benchmarks. Run benchmarks on that now, then, install Vista again, and you will get the same benchmarks.

MarxSoccer said:
Well you're talking about Vista.. Server03 and XP and very similiar. Vista is on a completely different level.. It's faster because you don't have as many processes running in the background since you just intalled it and don't have that much junk on it.
yea that is true!, but I wanted to try other OS's to.. like using Xp all the time gets old. 2003 has way more options than XP this can help me with tweaks. Like you said XP and Server03 are ver similiar so why that is why im trying it out :)

Can you do a straight upgrade from XP home to Server 2003?

What more options do you have to play with?

Back
Top Bottom