Slow Notebook - Why?

Upgrade your ram like Joxley said to 1gb. Don't overdo it buy getting 2gb. It's a tad bit unnecessary. Click start, run, and type msconfig. Then you can uncheck the extraneous processes to speed up your bootup time. Take a screen shot, by pressing prnt screen on your keyboard, and paste in Paint, and host it using imageshack.us if you don't know what processes to uncheck. We can help you out if you don't know what you're doing. G'luck!

I touched everything, and everything is working fine. Try services. Click the thing that says Hide All Microsoft Servicds, then uncheck any entry you don't want. If you don't know what one is, then go to Start>Run>services.msc

I speeded up my boot time from 4 min to 59 seconds on my old computer. And try defragging your computer. It might speed things up a bit. And check for adware or spyware.

PerfectSK said:
Upgrade your ram like Joxley said to 1gb. Don't overdo it buy getting 2gb. It's a tad bit unnecessary. Click start, run, and type msconfig. Then you can uncheck the extraneous processes to speed up your bootup time. Take a screen shot, by pressing prnt screen on your keyboard, and paste in Paint, and host it using imageshack.us if you don't know what processes to uncheck. We can help you out if you don't know what you're doing. G'luck!
thats a good idea, i will take a screen shot, and copy it up in here.
---

i typed in msconfig, and in the 'system configuration utility' part, the first tab which says 'general' there are 3 different selections you can choose:
1. normal startup - load all device drivers and services
2.diagnostic startup - load basic devices and services only
3. selective startup

mine was on number 3, i thne changed it to number 2, and timed how long it takes to start, and it now only takes about 90 secs. however, nothing is loaded, ie msn, anti-virus etc.

here is a list of the items which start on my normal home computer, which ALSO has 256 mb ram, 1.6 ghz (lower then the notebook)

-avgcc
-jusched
-SOUND MAN
-itunes helper
-qttask
-WPWuSchd2
-MsgPlus
-ctfmon
-HP Digital Imaging

the bootup time is about 35 seconds! do you guys suggest that i change the laptop startup items to match these ones? Should i not take any off the list which have the word 'system' in the command?

thanks

Just take them all off, apart from anti virus (avgcc)

here's mine!

msconfigmi5.jpg

Starts like a ferrari lol

Back
Top Bottom