Virus/Spyware ssofftwware for macs

troy272 said:
I could be totally wrong on this but if there were viruses for mac, wouldn't they not be as bad as on a windows PC? I've heard that the Mac OS code is much neater and not as exploitable. If macs were to get viruses I don't think it would be anything near as bad as a windows virus and I think that Apple could patch it quick.
i believe ur right there. it probably wouldn't be as bad. but bad is bad no mater how u look at it in my POV. i would suspect they would patch it the same speed microsoft would

MooseMan said:
i believe ur right there. it probably wouldn't be as bad. but bad is bad no mater how u look at it in my POV. i would suspect they would patch it the same speed microsoft would
I think that it wouldn't be as bad because there's not as much to exploit on Macs. I believe they already come with security software and I don't think Mac OS X has as many (if any) loopholes as windows does. I think that Apple might patch it faster than microsoft because they have a reputation for good support while microsoft doesn't. This is just my opinion though...

troy272 said:
I think that it wouldn't be as bad because there's not as much to exploit on Macs. I believe they already come with security software and I don't think Mac OS X has as many (if any) loopholes as windows does. I think that Apple might patch it faster than microsoft because they have a reputation for good support while microsoft doesn't. This is just my opinion though...
well you also have to look at it in the aspect that microsoft has ALOT more to manage than apple, as far as OS-es. i don't think microsoft's support is bad at all. i think it is good for the size of what their dealing with.

MooseMan said:
well you also have to look at it in the aspect that microsoft has ALOT more to manage than apple, as far as OS-es. i don't think microsoft's support is bad at all. i think it is good for the size of what their dealing with.
I agree. It could be alot worse but it could be better. I think Microsoft does care about their customers but they just have too many products that they can't give as much of a "personal" feeling that Apple does. Microsoft support is alright in my experience, not the greatest but they have ALOT of products. I do think that their support is good for the size of the company they are, the amount of products they have, and the amount of users they have. Microsoft powers a vast majority of computers out there and they have millions and millions of users on tons of different OSes and programs so they can't help everyone as fast as they or the consumer like.

troy272 said:
I always thought macs could get spyware. I know they can't get viruses though. This makes me want to go get a mac even more now :)
Yeah, according to an article I read in PC World a couple years ago, Apple had patched all the vunerabilites in the mac operating system, yet Windows and even Linux have left some holes unpatched at that time, so yeah, Mac is pretty secure.

Trust me, viruses will come to Mac's.

Its possible, but Windows has been targetted more since its the most well known one (we all know that)

Mac is gaining in the industry of computer usage, so you never know whats around the corner.

I could be wrong on this because I don't know too much about code but hasn't windows basically used the same code since the beginning? I hear vista is going to be totally different though. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't mac completely change everything everytime a new OS comes out? and isn't their code always different on each OS? I don't know much about Mac but I do know that they're more secure by nature while windows isn't. I think that viruses could come to mac and if they do there won't be over 114,000 like windows. I want a mac just because they're more secure and more stable than windows, I like Mac OS X and I want to get to know mac so I can be good in both Windows and Mac OS.

I'm sure they don't completely rewrite code. That'd mean alot of work for them.

But yeah, Viesta (don't correct me if I got it wrong :p) is a completly new build, and is being built to be secure from the ground up, so hopefully, alot less problems with viruses and that.

Macs had luck, being that alot of people haven't aimed for it, and also, its probably a tad bit more secure because of the way its made, and I think by alot less people to make mistakes in code (or am I wrong?)

Kage said:
I'm sure they don't completely rewrite code. That'd mean alot of work for them.

But yeah, Viesta (don't correct me if I got it wrong :p) is a completly new build, and is being built to be secure from the ground up, so hopefully, alot less problems with viruses and that.

Macs had luck, being that alot of people haven't aimed for it, and also, its probably a tad bit more secure because of the way its made, and I think by alot less people to make mistakes in code (or am I wrong?)
That sounds right to me. You are right it would take a long time to completely rewrite code but it does seem like alot changes from OS to OS with mac. I do hope vista is more secure and less prone to viruses, and all that stuff.

*edited*blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah it's spelt Vista

>.>

yes vista will be much more secure as both of u said, and it will be nice. it does demand alot of hardware power 2 run areo but u get what u pay for :D i am going 2 buy windows ultimate :D

Back
Top Bottom