Virus/Spyware ssofftwware for macs

Chuck1

Baseband Member
Hi there. I would like to know if anyone can recomend some anti-spyware and virus protection software suitable for iMacs and actually while im here can anyone tell me if there are any programs such as "bit spirit" and/or "limeewire" that are mac compatible?

Thanks, Chuck.

Chuck said:
Hi there. I would like to know if anyone can recomend some anti-spyware and virus protection software suitable for iMacs and actually while im here can anyone tell me if there are any programs such as "bit spirit" and/or "limeewire" that are mac compatible?

Thanks, Chuck.
limewire does have a compatible version for macs i believe. although i don't know of any anti-spyware or virus programs, i'm sure some1 else here can help u with that.

here's the link to the free version of limewire downloads, mac is there:

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/downloadfree2.shtml

first of all, you dont need antivirus/antispyware for a mac as you wont get viruses on your mac (i guarantee that).

john123 said:
first of all, you dont need antivirus/antispyware for a mac as you wont get viruses on your mac (i guarantee that).
well idk. i like his idea of having security on the mac. there has been alot of talk of new viruses possibly comming out for macs this year

the problem is that the code on mac os is too clean, nt much there to exploit, and I have worked with over 200 of them on school networks and none of them have ever gotten any spyware/adware or viruses, or have slowed down over time

I always thought macs could get spyware. I know they can't get viruses though. This makes me want to go get a mac even more now :)

troy272 said:
I always thought macs could get spyware. I know they can't get viruses though. This makes me want to go get a mac even more now :)
they can get virus's/ they just don't because so few people own macs that virus programmers don't want 2 spend the time making 1 for a mac...although now more people are buying them (intel processors i'm sure) i've herd rummers that virus's might pop ^ this year or soon

Chuck said:
Ok. thats great thanks for you're help
np :) always like 2 help
happy0025.gif

MooseMan said:
they can get virus's/ they just don't because so few people own macs that virus programmers don't want 2 spend the time making 1 for a mac...although now more people are buying them (intel processors i'm sure) i've herd rummers that virus's might pop ^ this year or soon
I could be totally wrong on this but if there were viruses for mac, wouldn't they not be as bad as on a windows PC? I've heard that the Mac OS code is much neater and not as exploitable. If macs were to get viruses I don't think it would be anything near as bad as a windows virus and I think that Apple could patch it quick.

Back
Top Bottom