Firefox vs. Opera

The only thing I actually prefer Opera for instead of Firefox, is smoother browsing, and the ability to have the websites u were on saved, so when u start it again ur back where u left.

I prefer firefox, purely because Opera has some troubles loading webpages, and when it's set as the default browser it messes up your e-mail (if you use Outlook Express as you e-mail program). At least, in my experience. And it takes it's time when loading up https sites.

I also think Firefox loads pages faster (At least it seems to on a 1500kbps connection), the load up times are about the same though...

Yea I agree with Toby. But now my Firefox is messed up so I have to use Opera :( Its not horrible, but Firefox will always be my preferable client, over IE and Opera.

chougard said:
Banner ads can be blocked without an extension. I use Opera because it saves the websites you had open when you close the browser. I also like the trash can feature. If you close a tab but need it again, you can just click on the trash can and it will show you a list of the tabs you closed. The built in feeds and mail clients are also quite good. The full screen mode is quite neat because it only shows the webpage. No toolbars or anything other than the scroll bar. It does freeze more often than Firefox on my Vista computer though.
I see... but each banner would have to be blocked individually, correct?

opera here...no doubt about it. faster than firefox, although the firefox interface looks better and easier to use, opera is faster. i'm all for speed baby! and remember, opera's DA SHIZNIT!

update: can someone make a poll about this please??

drumthrasher said:
opera here...no doubt about it. faster than firefox, although the firefox interface looks better and easier to use, opera is faster. i'm all for speed baby! and remember, opera's DA SHIZNIT!

update: can someone make a poll about this please??
Yes, it's faster browsing and loading... but the inconveniences I listed are somewhat of a bummer. :p

Opera is overall a somewhat better browser.. but i'm just too used to firefox to make a permanent switch. I think they are both great browsers.

Back
Top Bottom