CPU Fan?

Washington

In Runtime
Just checked my CPU fan and it is sucking air away from the CPU. Is this correct? Or should it be blowing air towards the CPU?

I would have thought the latter, but want to check with you guys before I change anything.

Usually, here's how you should input ANY fans

(And yes, the CPU fan is in the wrong direction, but it won't affect overheating)

The back 80mm fans should take air out
The CPU fan, in theory, should take it in.
The two front 80mm fans should take air inside.

Well, my case manual, instructs me to do that the opposite way round. It tells me to have the back fans, as intakes, and the front fans, as outtakes, because there is not much room at the front, to provide enough air, for it to be a sufficent intake..

Stupid case..

Nope. You take the hot air from the CPU wenvironement and you ship it out by the back fans. The front ones provide cool air.

The other way around, you ship cool air out and you ship warmer airin the whole case. It will get warmer.

That's why. You need to eiminate the most heat possible.

It depends you need to play around with it. Some people get better temps with the fan blowing down, others get better temps with the fan pulling air.

Yeah, its the same with mine you know. I find I get better cooling making the 2 80mm ones intakes and the large 120mm one at the front an exaust. No idea why...

As for that CPU fan being the wrong way round. It certainly couldn't have been doing any harm, but they are usually the other way.

Actually, if youthink for a second, if the heatsink is ot, and you cool it, if you tke the fan the other way around the the two 80mm blowing the heat out, it would actually hel the CPU cool, if I am correct. If I am not, then I'm not.

Back
Top Bottom