Custom Titles

lhuser said:
I would say after X amount of posts...seems more fair.

But then you see, those post whores who ONLY hang out in the social lounge will have incredibly high post counts. As i for one, dont hang around the social lounge much, maybe every once in a while.

Well actually, I was more thinking in the 2500ish posts...

I did post in the social lounge, but that doesn't mean I didn't post on some other threads in computing and all that.

my imput is once a guru the people could add personal touch to the title (i.e CIW Guru) Keep the Guru part on all guru's and same with mods. keep the titles clean and respectable and i think it would work out fine. thats my 2 cents

That would actually be a fair suggestion. But then I would want all people to have the option.

Brookfield said:
I agree, I think members would go way over the top, & it'd be a complete shambles

So true, but then it would be a bit to much to as all the mods and admins to give almost everyone a name...So all in all, this wouldnt really work out, would it guys?

David Lindon said:
Calm down everyone.

It would defeat the point for the post-linked titles though such as member, guru etc which are a nice little featur
Yeah, but maybe there should be more titles after Guru like... well, I dunno, maybe a title that david picks that you automatically get after 2500 or 5000 posts or something?

MooseMan said:
well then admins/mods would be begged for a special title, including myself :p
Whoa, there are so many ways to look at this, and your right too. :eek:

But then again, rules could be placed so that you can't beg an admin or moderator for a title, or maybe members couldn't even have titles, just moderators.

But as David said before, I don't think he wants to do it. I think David likes the idea of Guru and Moderator.

Back
Top Bottom