Mic problem

Tech N9ne

In Runtime
hey guys i was at my freinds house talking to my buddy's on ventrilo and then i took my computer home and all of a sudden i plug everything in and my mic wont work any more it just dosent detect the sound ive tryed 2 diffrent mics.. help please

Did you try the mics on other computers? If they work on other computers, somethings wrong with your windows or your mic input. Try uninstalling it through the Device Manager and then installing it again. When installing again, make sure you use the latest drivers.

you're sure that you plugged it into the right slot right?.. i know when i first bought my comp, the color of the mic plug did not correspond with my sound cards color so i plugged pink with pink but it was supposed to be pink with blue.. silly mistake but.. it happens.. or maybe it's just me.

Right, you may have to set your sound card to record the mic.

Go into the Volume Panel in the taskbar or by going to Control Panel, and first of all check that the MIC isn't muted.

SET TO PLAYBACK:

If its not listed, go to Options, Properties.

Make sure Playback is selected and tick Mic in the list. Press okay.

Now make sure its not muted, and put the volume up.

You may find on some sound cards there is an option for Advanced controls (Options, Advanced) which may allow a mic boost which improves cheap microphones.

SET TO RECORD:

Now, go back to Options, and go to Properties again, and this time select Recording, and check Mic on the list. Press okay.

Now, make sure that it is ticked this time, to be used as the recording device.

Your then done.
I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom