Pentium D or Athlon 64?

Just thinking of the prices after conroe comes out is making me mad.. I spent $155 on my 3200+ just a couple months ago... @&#!

Will Athlon be still better? I multitask a lot, thats why I was thinking of a dual core. So for example, il be playing WoW or Guild Wars, and all of a sudden il remember that I need to make a new avatar or sig, and would go into Photoshop, than onto internet, etc. All while listening to music. In this case, which would be better without overclocking?

Believe Me, I'm as much an AMD fan as anyone, But With the new Intel core 2 Extreme, Intel's got a new customer. I'm Actually Going to be sticking the Intel Core 2 Duo In my new notebook when it comes out (Getting it right now with an Intel Core Duo) W00t

As For the Pentium D vs Athlon 64.. That's no competition. Athlon 64 is the best out of that generation, easily. Even Without the overclocking

Yes, but its not a dual core. Or maiby I should spend that extra 80 dollars and get an Athlon X2 3800+?

amd athlon 3xxx+! like i've said, i do everything any body could possible do and i got a an athlon 64 3700+, and it works perfect! no lag, everything runs great!

Intel Pentium D is more for multitasking. You seem to have a plethora of things to do so it sounds like a good bet. AMD 64's are more gamers I always thought, even though they can multitask as well. I would consider waiting for the Conroe prices to go down and stick with that. It truly will be a great upgrade. You won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom