Best spyware or adware program?

Kaspersky Anti-Spy is great, I have that in my security suite and it does a great job. Spysweeper is good when they were on version 4 but now that they've gone to version 5, it's kinda unstable but it still does a good job of finding and removing stuff.

DackOfDoom said:
Ad-Aware is the best in my opinion. That with firefox and I've never gotten spyware.

Well put, firefox and adware se, are a nice combp...And then you can just get avg virus protection..

If you already have spyware on your computer, Ad-Aware won't cut it, not even close.

Spybot S&D is probably better than Adaware SE........ in my experience if you run Adaware then Spybot, Spybot will detect stuff Adaware has missed

troy272 said:
Kaspersky Anti-Spy is great, I have that in my security suite and it does a great job. Spysweeper is good when they were on version 4 but now that they've gone to version 5, it's kinda unstable but it still does a good job of finding and removing stuff.

Hmmm... I have Spy Sweeper 5.05 (1286) and it seems as stable as version 4-4.5. It doesn't seem to take anymore CPU or RAM than previous versions either. In my opinoin Spy Sweeper is the best protection you can get.

Ad-Aware is just useless. Spyware Doctor is okay, but is annoying as it takes a long time to start up and spikes the CPU, going from 0-100% all the time.

As an added level of protection, install SpywareBlaster and run it at windows start up. This handly little program prevents the installation of spyware in the first place... and it's free.

I like Spyware Doctor better. It's a lot faster, and it seems to catch more stuff, at least for me it does.

Back
Top Bottom