Poll: Shall i get Linux?

J03

~~~~~~~~
Shall i get linux? I have a 1.6GHZ AMD, 786MB of ram, and a 60GB HD. I play CS:S, and do some web dev. I would like a change from windows. Could i use WINE for things like Dreamweaver and CS:S? Also, what linux Distro chall i get?

Biiiiig question dude, its nice, but be prepared to go through a struggle, dont kick the "Windows bucket" yet.

Be prepared to learn if you do, get zenwalk, thats a pretty easy going good distro, pretty good gui. But the thing youll have to get a handle on is installing things, its a bit more of a process than the windows "double click." lol

I'd suggest either Suse 10.1 or Ubuntu. They are pretty easy to use, but still takes some time to get used to them.

samurai said:
Shall i get linux? I have a 1.6GHZ AMD, 786MB of ram, and a 60GB HD. I play CS:S, and do some web dev. I would like a change from windows. Could i use WINE for things like Dreamweaver and CS:S? Also, what linux Distro chall i get?

It's hard to run programs under wine and it can be quite confusing. Also sometimes you wont get correcrt drivers and that kinda stuff, etc.

I recomend downloading Microsoft Virtual PC (Google it, it's free) and you can have virtual machines running linux

Up to you. Windows isn't for everyone, but as a fair warning, neither is Linux.

I have had a bit of an experience with linux, i got a copy of ubunutu, but all i did was use the live CD.

Back
Top Bottom