tutorial managment system

J03

~~~~~~~~
How would i make a tutorial mamagment system that can handle video, text and image tutorial's? Anyone that can help my will recive rep :D Thank's in aadvanced, Joe.

Well, you could use a linking system such as tutorial.php?cat=php&id=65 which would select from a MySQL database where the category name is equal to $_GET['cat']; and where the id is equal to $_GET['id'];

As for the video, you could allow them to upload a .avi which would then be displayed. Text and image could be done easily as well with a text editor and simple bbcode.

If you need further help, respond back.

User Name is correct, i have tried this before, so what you would need is to do it in php, a table for categories, if you having a user system one for users and a table for tutorial. You would need a basic submit page to insert them, and admin panel which accepts them like you would have edit.php thats for admins and then they can accept or reject which updates the field status from 0 to one. then to show all you would have
PHP:
mysql_query(SELECT * FROM tutorials WHERE status = 1);
That would give all accepted. You would then need to do a select to have links like tutorial.php?id=65 which you $_GET['cat'];, then $cat = $_GET['cat']; and
PHP:
SELECT * FROM tutorials WHERE id = $cat;
That would get the one which id is 65 if you get me.
Fast Hosty

Yes, you can do an approval system from the admin panel, say status 0 is unapproved, and status 1 is approved. Then in the admin panel, have all status 0 tutorials show(all tutorials are default inserted with status 0) and then use an update set query to change their status to approved, or 1.

Hmm... Do you think it would be easyer just asking somone to make me one, or finding one on the web? I am not very good @ teh PHP.... and i am also skint :) If anyone would like to help, they can have there website as the footer of the page...

My other projects are on hold for the time being, so I suppose I could make it for you, for a price, of rep :p.

Give me your MSN, we'll chat about what features you want and stuff, only one thing, I can do the coding, but not too good at design.

Would there anyone elso be interested in Helping in doing the Design? (SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST)

Back
Top Bottom