Pentium D or Athlon 64?

trance-n-e

In Runtime
Which would you consider better? Soon their price would be very close, so I cant really decide on one. I find Conroe too expensive for my needs, as processing power isnt everything.

trance-n-e said:
Which would you consider better? Soon their price would be very close, so I cant really decide on one. I find Conroe too expensive for my needs, as processing power isnt everything.
what do you do more? Like Get intel if your mutitasking.. If not get amd

i usually multitask with my athlon 64 and everything runs perfectly, so i would prefer the amd athlon 64 over any intel.

trance-n-e said:

What do you mean? What are you trying to use? Are you gaming? Media oriented? Workstation? Graphic design? Casual use?

Then what's wrong with Conroe? Core 2 Duo is superior to any AMD processor in ANY of those. Yes, it's been benchmarked. The prices of the CPU aren't expensive, only the better motherboards are, but some like the DFI Infinity 975X aren't bad, and they're cheap.

In your case, get the Pent D 805. Not sure, never checked up on it, however, I have been told it has a multiplier of 20 on it. Meaning you can Oc it like none other. Its going to be like 66 dollars too, after Conroe gets to Market. Or something. I dont know, behind on all the stuff.

Anyways, friend told me, it can be Oced up to about 3.6, to 3.7ghz on air. Mind you, you are gonna need a good h/s and awesome air flow, but it can be done.

Or so I have been told. So T/F guys?

Yeah, multiplier is at 20x. It's the FSB clock speed that allows for the insane overclocking. Stock FSB speed is a mere 133 Mhz. However, raising it to 210 will give you that insane 4.2 Ghz clock speed. A soon to be $93 dual-core processor can give up to 54% in performance increase. :D

805_4200.gif

It'll cost $93 MSRP on July 27, 2006 and it has been overclocked to 4.2 Ghz on air. Just buy a good heatsink like the Sunbeam Tuniq Tower 120, ThermalRight SI-128, ThermalTake BigTyphoon, Scythe Ninja etc.

Hmm. Well im not a big fan of overclocking. So without overclocking it, for example, a Pentium D 805? or Athlon 64 3500+? Even right now theres only like a $10 difference.

Back
Top Bottom