My car audio idea [looking for some opinions/ideas]

Half Evil

Golden Master
Okay, as many of you might know, im getting a nice sound system in my car. I still need to add up exactly the stuff below, but this is it.

This Alpine HU $279.99

These Focal 4'' Front Speakers $149.99

Still debating on the rear. First, I cant decide between the 6x9's or the 6.5''s. The Focal 6x9s sounded great, but rear speakers arnt as important as the front, so maybe...

JBL 6x9 $99.99
Alpine 6x9 $99.99
Kenwood 6x9 $99.99
Most likely the JL 6x9 $129.99

Or the 6.5''..
Infinity Reference 6.5'' $99.99
JL 6.5'' $129.99

As for the Amp, for all 4 speakers.
Alpine 75x4 4chnl Amp
And the Sub Amp
Not sure, but from this list

And finally, te actual sub.
I realize, that prefab enclosures kinda suck compared to the other stuff, but this is what I have to do. So this JBL dual 12'' Ported enclosure

And that is it pretty much.

Thoughts?

Ill be getting this in probably 3 more weeks.

you don't need the amplifier for the speakers, 50 watts apiece is plenty damn loud, i have 2 6.5" sony explode speakers up front, two 6x8 pioneer speakers in the back. For the sub setup i have a 450 watt pioneer amp and two 10" pioneer subs. I have the bass on my stereo turned down to half and the sub amp turned down to half, and i never take the stereo over volume level 20 out of 30 because it gets too loud. And your setup is about 5 times better than mine so you don't need the amp for the speakers, that's ridiculous.

Its only 50 peak. Its really like 18. I did a sound test, and it really fills out the speakers with the amp. Thats a go, for sure. However my main problem is the speaker brand and size for the back.

we did a test today and at the settings i have my setup at right now, at volume level 20 with a cd, it's at around 115db, which is actually around where permanant hearing loss occurs, so, your setup will be stupidly loud lol

What, no way. Thats at 161 dB I think. Because I go to a car forum, and people are hitting 140+ and 150+ dB's.

With my prefab sub, in the trunk, I will be lucky to hit 125+ dB. Just because its prefab and bandpass.

Although, it is gonna be stupid loud, just because I really dont need it.

I need to out do my friend (because we kinda made a bet on this :D) and plus down at the park, at school sports, and just for the awe factor, I want a stupid loud system.

Lol, but what do you think for the size in the back, and the brand? I can do focals in the back too, but is it really needed?

ArrizX

I dont like that place though. I really look like and feel like an idiot over there, lol :p

Well since you told me about it, I've only posted a few times. Don't need to anymore, got the links to the installation kit and wiring harness I need :p

SSA is..?

Back
Top Bottom