Custom Titles

An idea is an idea. It might work, it might not. It's better to suggest it and see what happens, rather than see your idea not even suggested, because there is always the chance that it'll work. :)

alvino said:
An idea is an idea. It might work, it might not. It's better to suggest it and see what happens, rather than see your idea not even suggested, because there is always the chance that it'll work. :)

your right mate Sorry...

This is a good idea, and worked rather well on a different forum that I was a part of...

(I'm not suggesting that we would have to do this here, but it did work well and it was a nice idea)

Basically, what hapened is that the admin opened up and said that they would give a custom title to anyone who could prove (by recipt) that they had donated some money to charity. (in the case of that forum it was the Bernados childrens charity).

now on that forum there are a few hundred users with custom tags, and I assume a hundred or so children who's lives have been made a little better by the users of an internet forum just having a little fun.

root said:
This is a good idea, and worked rather well on a different forum that I was a part of...

(I'm not suggesting that we would have to do this here, but it did work well and it was a nice idea)

Basically, what hapened is that the admin opened up and said that they would give a custom title to anyone who could prove (by recipt) that they had donated some money to charity. (in the case of that forum it was the Bernados childrens charity).

now on that forum there are a few hundred users with custom tags, and I assume a hundred or so children who's lives have been made a little better by the users of an internet forum just having a little fun.

I think that idea of a donation to charity is an excellant one, it actually does something worthwhile as well as everyone has a bit of fun.

heh we're going to pay, to have something we already should have on a forum, but since its charity great idea! Maybe it should be a sig, or av..aahha

something that you should have?

I can't think of any forums that I'm a part of where users get to choose their own rank text with the exception of the one I mentioned earlier.

Well, I mean it as in a general statement, I could understand if you wanted us to pay, so we can have the custom titles, if we already had avs and sigs, but we dont have any of that, so why should we pay, when we dont even have avs and sigs, which is ALMOST a given, for everyforum...Ehh doesnt matter to me, its for charity, so I wouldnt mind....

ownage said:
no no, for mods, it would be something like (insert word(s) here) mod. Only mods/admins will be able to give people custom titles. But only people that deserve it. They should always check with David though.
Ahh... ok, I understand what you mean a bit more now.

That sounds like a good idea, get people donating to charity, in return, getting their own custom title. :)

Back
Top Bottom