Fuel prices!

GlasseyeUK said:
Yeah its currently 95.8 at Asda at the moment, I now use my car as little as possible, and tend to cycle everywhere, only use the car maybe 2 or 3 times a week for work, and then work pays my mileage, plus a payment each month.

Its getting expensive to run a car, I was listening to Five Live last night, and they were talking about the Hydrogen cell cars, and this scientist bloke was reckoning that they will be in common usage within 20 years, and also there are those new hybrid cars, which all the famous are buying these days.
As a matter of fact, you bike at work, which is great for the environement and also, you do some exercise, which is great for yourself. So, that's a two-shot in one.

When I go to work (Self-Employed), I basically use the bike. It's better and moreefficient. Slower, but I feel great. Also, hat's becaus eI still don't have my driving permit lolz

I know how you guy's feel about the high gas prices. it seems they hike the price of gas right around the holiday's and mostly around june & july. The tourists months that are the busiest for travel.

And to top that off, you have the city doing construction on the most travel roads..hmmmm. coincidence.

Soon everyone will need lots of these, to keep up with the prices of gas.
atxnremixweballin2.gif

alvino said:
Yup, America actually has it easy. In Canada, it's about $4.00 CAD per Litre and in some places in Europe, converting the price would be about $6.00 per Gallon. :eek:

actually no, in toronto it's around $1.20(cad) per litre.

lhuser said:
As a matter of fact, you bike at work, which is great for the environement and also, you do some exercise, which is great for yourself. So, that's a two-shot in one.

When I go to work (Self-Employed), I basically use the bike. It's better and moreefficient. Slower, but I feel great. Also, hat's becaus eI still don't have my driving permit lolz

Its actually quicker for me to bike to work, it takes me about 15 minutes to do the 4 mile journey, and then I don't have to worry about parking or anything like that, as I work in the city centre, this can be a nightmare, and often or not can mean another mile walk to my offices.

But yeah I agree on the exercise part of it, its done me good over the last 6 months.

GlasseyeUK said:
Its actually quicker for me to bike to work, it takes me about 15 minutes to do the 4 mile journey, and then I don't have to worry about parking or anything like that, as I work in the city centre, this can be a nightmare, and often or not can mean another mile walk to my offices.

But yeah I agree on the exercise part of it, its done me good over the last 6 months.
Well if it's less of a hassle to park too, then you have your advantages.

GlasseyeUK said:

Yeah, that is an advantage, the parking. I find around here there's no place to put bikes though when you ride to public places. Mine got stolen last year while I was in the place when I came back, it wasn't there anymore, so I called the cops, got it back, it was reported lost and brought to the police station; thank god...

It was an expensive bike too. But its still here... :)

lhuser said:

I couldn't bike to work.. it's 20miles!

besides there is a strange fact about the place that I work...

bath (uk) is a bowl shape in terms of the fact that the two is completly surrounded by hills,
therefore, the emissions that are put out by cars settle around ground level as there is very little wind to blow them away...

for me, it'd be worse for my health to cycle to work!!

root said:
I couldn't bike to work.. it's 20miles!

besides there is a strange fact about the place that I work...

bath (uk) is a bowl shape in terms of the fact that the two is completly surrounded by hills,
therefore, the emissions that are put out by cars settle around ground level as there is very little wind to blow them away...

for me, it'd be worse for my health to cycle to work!!

For any long journey's I wear a face mask, which filters out the worst of the bad emissions, but get stuck behind a bus, and your choking to death, I swear those things should fail the majority of the emisson checks, but somehow they still keep clanking on.

Manchester is very similar to that but on a larger scale, it doesn't affect us as bad, but the pollution can get really bad at times, in that it is surrounded and is in a dip in the land.

When I was back in London, used to cycle the ten miles to university, now that was about my limit I think, maybe different now, but used to love winding in and out of the traffic.

Back
Top Bottom