Fuel prices!

We have $1.14 in our tanks CAN at the moment. That's unleaded. Super is like $1.33

The lowest we have seen was $1.04 and the highest was $1.32.

During Hurricane Rita, gas station went from $1.67 up to $2.05-$2.50 (Profits...)

Yup, America actually has it easy. In Canada, it's about $4.00 CAD per Litre and in some places in Europe, converting the price would be about $6.00 per Gallon. :eek:

its 98.9 - 102.9 depending on the shop for diesel here in essex... but theres not alot of places which have 98.9, the vast majority of them are 99.9. takes the piss a lil bit really.... stupidly expensive.

j.venning said:
BTW to all you americans out their the prices I have supplied are per litre so for gallons the Petrol is £3.77 and for Diesel it is £3.66.
I would have thought that down in Cornwall it'd be dearer than that, are you sure you don't mean £4.77?, here on the Isle of Wight, the cheapest is around £4.20, at Morrison's supermarket, & I've got a 2 litre Audi!!

j.venning said:
I made a mistake, Petrol is 6.6 dollars a gallon and Diesel is 6.4 dollars a gallon.
Ah, thought you were out, that makes it almost the same as where I live, see my last post here.

I went to Tesco this morning and it was still 95.9p per liter for unleaded.

(that's about £3.85 per gallon or $7.1 USD/gal).

fuel is expensive, but even when I just drive myself to work (no car pooling or anything). it still works out chaper than taking the train. spending £20 a week on petrol or would be spending £29 on trains, + a further £6 on bus tickets to get to work one I got to the right city!

still it'll get a little cheaper for me soon since I'll soon start sharing my ride to work so someone else can pay half for me :)

Yeah its currently 95.8 at Asda at the moment, I now use my car as little as possible, and tend to cycle everywhere, only use the car maybe 2 or 3 times a week for work, and then work pays my mileage, plus a payment each month.

Its getting expensive to run a car, I was listening to Five Live last night, and they were talking about the Hydrogen cell cars, and this scientist bloke was reckoning that they will be in common usage within 20 years, and also there are those new hybrid cars, which all the famous are buying these days.

alvino said:
Yup, America actually has it easy. In Canada, it's about $4.00 CAD per Litre and in some places in Europe, converting the price would be about $6.00 per Gallon. :eek:

Whoa there! It's $1.14 a litre in Canada...well, to where I live, it's that price...

Back
Top Bottom