No audio

steveandbelinda

Solid State Member
Hi, I am having audio problems (no sound) coming from either DVD player. I have sound, if I am playing something on the internet, but if I stick a cd or dvd in either player, there's no sound. I have a friend that knows computers forward and backwards. He looked at it this morning and said that he is stumped also. Everything is setup alright. All setting are where they are supposed to be, and nothing looks out of place.

system: AMD Athlon 3000XP+ 2.4Ghz
1.75mhz memory
MSI motherboard
C: drive- 200gig
D: drive-300gig
J: drive-80gig
Once I get the sound problem fixed, I will ask you about the other concern I have: video playback jerkyness, after rendering.

P.S. I have no errors showing up in device drivers. And yes, if I play the cd's or dvd's in another player, they do play w/sound.

when you put the dvds/cds in. is there any sound at all from any other programs?.. you say that you're getting sound from internet right now, but do you still get sound when the dvds are in?... basically.. is the problem isolated for dvds and cds only?

I can't remember where to do it, but you have to enable digital playback or something similar. I don't well remember.

@ Ihuser

My Computer -> Right click on a drive then -> Properties -> Select your DVD/CD Drive under the "Hardware tab" and lick Properties now click on the Properties tab
You should find ENABLE DIGITAL PLAYBACK there

Checked both drives, and they are both checked. Still no sound.

And by the way just in case you were going to ask. There are no sound cables on the drives. Only the IDE ribbon cables.

Back
Top Bottom