Invalid System Disk

~K-Pow~

Daemon Poster
I've got the partition problem fixed now, i am installing windows 98 but once it loads the files and sais it's going to reset, once it boots back up it sais invalid system disk.

I'm all out of ideas

Any help is appriciated.

Maybe thats the problem. But with my XP CD, I stratched the original, but before it got stratched luckily I did a backup of it, and my burned backup works fine. Thats what I used to reformat last night, so yeah...I dunno :confused:

it's out, i changed the boot sequence so it boots from the cd-rom first. I changed it so it boots from the hard drive first dosen't matter get the same result everytime, invalid system disk.

I ued to get this problem while i was working on old 233mhz systems in my drafting class make sure the hard drive is properly jumped, then take out your ide cables and put them back in... try reinstalling windows... there could of been a problem when instlling drivers for your IDE controllers

Another thing I would suggest would be to start the Win98 floppy disk ad type in:

C:\WINDOWS\WIN.EXE

Bob94571 said:
I ued to get this problem while i was working on old 233mhz systems in my drafting class make sure the hard drive is properly jumped, then take out your ide cables and put them back in... try reinstalling windows... there could of been a problem when instlling drivers for your IDE controllers
That is a theory. It mostly happens when IDE controlers go bad, or when they die slowly.

Back
Top Bottom