David, I am not recieving the reputation as expected

Also fixing the problem that is making Normal Members not see who left what Rep, Will more than likely prevent Alot of members just handing out bad Rep for no reason because their identity will be revealed..

AmericanSensei said:
Also fixing the problem that is making Normal Members not see who left what Rep, Will more than likely prevent Alot of members just handing out bad Rep for no reason because their identity will be revealed..

Nice point, but also, it will lead to rep wars..."OMG he gave me a negative" I'm gonna get him back...I think NO one should be able to see it...I think some people are scared to give mods neg rep, because they know that they can see who it came from...Another reason why i thik alsmost every mod, is on the 1st page, atleast the active ones...Considering we only have around 5 active mods...Havent seen LK in a loooong time

Dev0115 said:
Nice point, but also, it will lead to rep wars..."OMG he gave me a negative" I'm gonna get him back...I think NO one should be able to see it...I think some people are scared to give mods neg rep, because they know that they can see who it came from...Another reason why i thik alsmost every mod, is on the 1st page, atleast the active ones...Considering we only have around 5 active mods...Havent seen LK in a loooong time
I agree. I don't think anyone should be able to view the reputation either, primarly because it can start rep wars as you said.

Just my 2 and half cents for what its worth(heh)

Rep wars can turn VERY nasty... ive seen it happen on other forums..

Plus it makes the memeber's personal opionon on things worthless.. You can open/type something without going " Oh no im going to start something if i put that because" i need to agree or else...".. silly stuff like that anyways..

Also personally....only personally, i think cf is bad enough as it is with certin things going on and etc etc.....anyways off topic.............................

And as AmericanSensei said/typed~
Not always, its kinda a half half sitution(sp)
Just because someone might hold back on giving neg rep.. there's always trouble with it.. *shurgs* { prob dont make much sense }

Im sure alot of memebers give out pos + rep for just about no reason also, like eg there friends with the memember ( ill admit it of done it before -.- but they are still helpful in whatever they do so really,,,)

2 and half cents ^^^

Yeah, someone might hold back on negative reputation, but then again, they could still hold back if the post deserves it if they know that if the person reads it in their User CP that they could receive that negative reputation back.

I think its fine as it is with you not being allowed to see who gave what.

Back
Top Bottom