Keyboard Issues

WildPegasus

Beta member
Every now and then (randomly it seems) my keyboards just messes up on me. It makes all my text caps even though caps is turned off, a click of a link always opens in a new window, virtually can't use enter or shift and all this sort of stuff until I mess around with fn, alt, scroll, and some other random buttons. At which point it reverts to normal. Though it doesn't always work.

I'm running a month old Presario V5000 laptop on Windows XP. If this was posted in the wrong board please feel free to move it.

Thanks alot.

Weird. Try uninstalling the driver for your keyboard and reinstalling it. Try using a different keyboard and see if you get the same results.

I would boot up a linux live cd and see if the problem persists. If it foes, you may need to replace the keyboard. You may also want to try plugging in an external keyboard and try that....if the problem stops then its your laptop keyboard.

PerfectSK said:
Weird. Try uninstalling the driver for your keyboard and reinstalling it. Try using a different keyboard and see if you get the same results.

How would I uninstall the driver and then reinstall it?

WildPegasus said:
How would I uninstall the driver and then reinstall it?

thats a good question... i've wanna see how this would be done, unless its a wireless keyboard or something u installed via cd driver?

Back
Top Bottom