Cordless Phone / Wireless Internet Interference?

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hi,

We have an 802.11b Wireless Netgear Router/Wireless Adapters (relatively old, and transmits wireless to 3 different computers in house) and two cordless phones (both new). One phone operates on the 2.4GHz frequency and one on 5.8GHz. So we have noticed that both phones become EXTREMELY staticcy and fuzzy when moved away from the base charger.

Could this be related to the Wireless Router and would purchasing an 802.11g router/wireless adapters solve the problem?

i have a 2.4 ghz wireless b/g adapter in my pc and the router is wireless g, and whenever i'm on my phone that 's also 2.4 ghz there's interference, sometimes it even drops my internet connection, i don't think switching to wireless g will help you because that's what i have and it messes up. hope that helps in some way lol

Wireless G is at the same frequency as Wireless B, so the switch would not help.

I recomend changing wifi channels, or ditching 2.4GHZ phones.

For me and wifi / phones, I have terrible problems, always a low signal in my house even if the Access point and me are a few meters away, sometimes houses are just noisy. Put my same equipment in another building and it works fine however.

Back
Top Bottom