MOnitor not displaying any image

Try this.. shut the computer down completely and pull the plug ffrom the back of your system. Make sure your power supply is switched off and press the power button then plug it back in, flip the switch. If that dosent work, try reseating the video card. If that dosent work.. Is it beeping or doing anything at all?

crayon7 said:
Try this.. shut the computer down completely and pull the plug ffrom the back of your system. Make sure your power supply is switched off and press the power button then plug it back in, flip the switch. If that dosent work, try reseating the video card. If that dosent work.. Is it beeping or doing anything at all?

yeh, its beeping, is this a bad sign??

how do i reset my video card?

thanks

He said reseat.

And you would want to try to reseat it before you try flipping the switch.

To reseat you just take it out, and then put it into the computer again, firmly.

Reset your CMOS. Take out the batter on your mobo for about 10 minutes. And if that doesnt work, just come on back.

I mean there is no reason that it would work, but I cant think of anything else.

GlasseyeUK said:
Ok the most likely answer if the monitor is working on another computer, is that you have adjusted either the resolution setting, or the refresh rate, as has been mentioned in previous posts.

However rather then lugging around monitors, restart your computer, and press F8 and this will give you Safe mode boot options menu, select one which is not command line, and windows will boot into VGA mode, this will then allow you to adjust your graphic card settings to one which will work.

Then reboot your computer in normal mode, and it all should be good.
This is probably the best advice offered in this thread so far, I would follow this.

Without any specs on your pc or gfx card I would suggest setting your res to 1024x768 in safe mode and rebooting, if possible.

Also I would suggest reseating the graphics card but I have doubts if you would be comfortable doing this

You state you now have beep codes at boot, if I interpret your last post correctly, do you know what bios your pc is running or failing that the m/board brand and model? so we can interpret the error.

From the description of the symptoms, I would have to say my initial reaction is a dead video card.

sorry, as you can probly tell im no technical expert.

how do i take out the batter oon my mobo?? wheres my mobo??

thanks for trying to help!!!

i have turned on my computer, restarted it and pressed F8 but still nothing appears to come up on the monitor. Am i doing something wrong?

I have reseated my video card without any problems.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom