Lol with all the problems I have had with sound, this is the worst one!

Half Evil

Golden Master
Okay, lets see.

Okay, lets not. I have no idea what to do.

All of a sudden I boot up my computer, and only two speakers and the sub work.

Its like this.

When cernter, rear and front are plugged in, only the front two and the sub work. When I take everything out, and only leave each individual jack in (in the desired spot) they work fine.

Next odd thing. I have the center and the rear plugged in at the same time, nothing. I unplug the rear and the center works. Same for if I unplug the center, the rear will work.

Basicly what I am saying is that anything plugged in individually will work fine. Although, when everything is hooked up at once, only the stuff in the green (front) jack work.

Heh.. Fun stuff. Drivers are Aokay too, but ill reinstall to be sure, even though I did this like two weeks ago with a real driver problem!

Edit-
Driver reinstall didnt work.

Do you have both your driver program and your Control Panel-->Sounds and Audio Devices-->Speaker Settings Advanced

set to 5.1 Surround Sound speakers?

Also, you have all 3 of your plugs plugged into all three places on the soundcard right?

Yeah, I have all that. And my sound card went kaput, so im using onboard. Doesnt matter, because ive been using on board for months now.

Alright, try in volume press options-->properties and make sure all Front, Rear, Center, and Sub are shown in volume options and make sure all are loud enough to hear...? Sounds like a weird problem though

I have everything set to max.

Lol I swear Ive tried everything. Everything.... Blah. Im gettin mad now. Maybe I can get my dads speaker, and take them for a test run..

But.. As for these, any idea?

Nah, I have Xp pro. Although, it never happened when I was using home. Maybe it is going.

And the second link isnt loading. However, my internet is acting up tonight, so thats probably why.

FYI I am using sigmatel audio.

Edit-
Downloading the file now

Edit-
At 7.5kbs, its going to take me 33 more minutes :D

Hahhaha good luck with it :) I reccommend uninstalling you other audio driver first before trying this one out. If it doesn't work, probably just get rid of it and put back the one that's supposed to be in it.

I know this is probably a stupid suggestion but have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back again. Also have you tried going to CP, then going to sounds/audio devices and then going to advanced under the speaker settings area then choose 5.1 surround sound speakers. I've had my two rear speakers go out before because it was set on 2.1 and i've had three speakers and no sub because the thing was set to 2 speakers somehow.

Back
Top Bottom