Guys, I need your help!

lhuser

Golden Master
I think I fried my CPU. My P4, 3GHZ was oced to 3.87GHZ and the BIOS huing in detection. Since then, all I can see is the green led flash off and then back on. Aftrwards, both Power and HDD leds goes of an then goes back on and stay on.

I removed the CPU and it has not done it. Could my CPU have fried???

Put your cpu back in, take the battery out of the m/board to clear your cmos, leave it out for 10 minutes or so to discharge the cmos, that should set the bios to default, then try firing it up again, I highly doubt you have fried your cpu, I think you have just set the parameters to high for it to boot. Is it an Asus board?

oleg said:
That what happens when you OC, expecially by that much!
His oc is not exceptional, granted it is at the high end of an oc on air cooling, but it is not exceptional. I find your comment somewhat amusing considering you started a thread asking how to put a slave drive in your pc :D

I had a talk with Buzz and he said the same thing. I did it, but seems that is does not work.

How long was the battery out for? Try hitting the power on switch on the front of the case several times while the battery is out, this also helps discharge the cmos. It sounds as if it hasn't cleared, have a look at your m/board manual, there may be a jumper on your board you need to short to clear the cmos instead of removing the battery, if that is the case don't forget to reset the jumper once you have cleared the cmos.

ok, I did try to hit the power button this time and it seems to have worsen the situation. Usually, when I power it on, the HDD led comes on first, then the Power led. Now, the power led comes a fraction of a second faster than the HDD led and they flash twice before staying on.

mmmmm, you did have it unplugged from the wall socket, didn't you? when you took the battery out and hit the power on button?

Resetting the cmos has nothing to do with the cpu so if it aint working you may have done your m/board in. Did you up any voltages during your OC??

No clear cmos jumpers on your board??

What board is it anyway?

Back
Top Bottom