Whats worse

root said:
....... surely someone with an addictive personality can get adicted to text messageing, online shopping, gambling, self harm, eating, not eating, sorting colours, tidying up etc... i's be impossible to ileagalise everything that anyone could get addicted to!........
Oh so true, I am one of those people, if I didn't keep a good check on myself I could quite easily descend into alcoholism, hence why I only drink beer, but you are quite correct, it is easily possible to become engrossed in something to the exclusion of all else. Computers, (we have four people in the house and 5 pc's), gaming, (I just have to have that new release RIGHT NOW), lol, forums, beer and ciggies are my current demons :D

Also, nice to see you brought some sanity to this thread, it was getting like a pre-school sandbox in here. :rolleyes:

EDIT: As to the voting, I'm another who didn't vote due to the fact there was no "They're as bad as each other" option, the number of votes is in no way indicative of the success of the thread.

I'm an addict...

I could not stop drinking if my life depended on it...
I could stop smoking cigarettes in a flash, and have had many periods in my life where I've smoked for a fwe years then given up for a few years, then smoked for a nother year, and given up for another year... (my friends find that control over possibly one of the most addictive substances very strange).

yet, even if I wanted to try (which I don't), I could never possibly concieve never having another beer, or glass of wiskey, or rum.

as for addiction, you don't get addicted to the drug per-say you are addicted to the chemical inbalance, hence heroin users aren't adicted to heroin, cause they could easily use any other opiate, such as raw opium or methadon.

if there were a synthetic pot pill (like a pot based meth for pot addicts) then there would be a simillar effect, you wouldn't have to smoke to satisfy your addiction because you could happily take a pill instead. but make no bones about it, it is addictive, (not physically), but it is very phycologically addictive, I think this is partly because most people who are smoknig pot are doing it whilst having fun, so they soon get to see drugs and fun as synonymous with each other.

Anyway.. in a way you are both right, there is an addiction to the feeling, but the feeling is cause by the chemicals, (in this case tetrahydracaniboids -THC), so in a way you are addicted to the substance that contains the chemicals, i.e you are addicted to the drug.

to be honest you could both sit either side of that fence and argue the case till you die, I think each has merit, so I'll sit in the middle and asy you're addicted to the feeling caused by the drug that you're addicted to!

Ooh the pizza's here will someone let him in please
"We didn't order chicken, Not a problem we'll pick it out
I doubt they meant to mess us about
true, I've never seen a stoned guy complain about anything... though I think that could be something to do with the fact they want to finish their business and moveon before anyone eralises they are stoned and calls the police or something...

ROOT said:
true, I've never seen a stoned guy complain about anything... though I think that could be something to do with the fact they want to finish their business and moveon before anyone eralises they are stoned and calls the police or something...

Haha, yeah, or they just dont want to waste the high and have to spend more money on more drugs, so they want to eat it as fast as they can before the buzz wears off.

both alchol and weed are bad. i don't think theres one safer than the other. my friend got involved in the weed stuff and was dumb enough to try the mariuana seeds in school. well long story short he got sick and was sent to the hospital and eventually suspended from school for 4 weeks. hes a dumbass

root said:
I think this is partly because most people who are smoknig pot are doing it whilst having fun, so they soon get to see drugs and fun as synonymous with each other.

Long time users also have problems having fun while not high

I was that way for 6 months after using

Ronco Rox said:
both alchol and weed are bad. i don't think theres one safer than the other. my friend got involved in the weed stuff and was dumb enough to try the mariuana seeds in school. well long story short he got sick and was sent to the hospital and eventually suspended from school for 4 weeks. hes a dumbass
Yeah... that's silly...
but you see what I mean though..the dangers arn't inherintly in the weed it's self so much as the way it's used...

it'd be fair to say he was most likely sick because of the way it was perpared, or the spirit he used though since the amount of thc (the active chemical), differes in strengths throughout the different part of the plant.
(roots, stalks, seeds, buds, flowers and pollen).

with seeds being one of the weakest parts.

well yea i heard that you need to crush them up or something but he aint about 3 of them with them not grounded up plus he didnt have anything in his stomach at the time. i don't know if that would make any difference but it think it would.

My father is a recovering alcoholic. I know what it does to people, not just him, but frinds, family. I've seen it kill peopel and absoltuly destroy others. I've been around weed. And in comparision, is nothign liek alcohol. There's an alcoholic in America for every 1 in 4 people. I doub thtere to be that high of a figure for people who smokes pot... =/

Back
Top Bottom