A really budget first build...need opinions!

ownage said:
a good budget card would be a 7600GT. Thats probably the lowest end that i will go. As for the motherboard, find a motherboard with a nVidia 570Ultra chipset. They tend to be better than the VIA ones. nvidia chipsets are the way to go with AMD. ;) good luck with the build.
is the 7600GT worse than or better than the 6800GS? because i was reccomended 2 buy that and it wasn't a budget card....

ownage said:
pricing of conroe:

conroe525.jpg

on this showing it looks like the conroe could match the amd x2 for price, am i right?

MooseMan said:
is the 7600GT worse than or better than the 6800GS? because i was reccomended 2 buy that and it wasn't a budget card....

It's better than the 6800 GS. The 6800 GS was originally designed to be a cheap replacement for the 6800 GT, while performing slightly better. The 7600 GT even beats out both the 6800 GS and the legendary 6800 GT.

Man...I miss those days. Back when nVIDIA was all business with the 6800 GT. :D

ownage said:
The same price Conroe compared to the same priced X2, the Conroe will come out on top.

so if i'm planning on buying a 3800 x2, then the equivilant conroe will be similar price but better performance?

When does it come out and could you recommend some good budget mobos for the conroe?

Any P965 motherboard should be good for you. P965 is the mainstream chipset by Intel. Theres conroe motherboard list floating around this forum.

ownage said:
Any P965 motherboard should be good for you. P965 is the mainstream chipset by Intel. Theres conroe motherboard list floating around this forum.

Thanks so much for your help ownage. I think i'll wait for the conroe e6300 with this mobo which is budget but still looks decent HERE

i think this will run faster than an amd x2 3800 on the asus board mentioned earlier. If anyone can confirm that this combination will work fine then i would appreciate this greatly. Thanks in advance once again.

Back
Top Bottom