.avi videos

DIG IT?

Solid State Member
Okay so I'm not a very techy guy at all and I don't even know if this is the right forum for this, but i'll ask anyway

When I try to play a .avi video file, the sound is fine, but the video plays in slow motion, and every few seconds it skips ahead a bit to catch up, plays slow again, skips ahead to catch up etc. etc. I've tried both RealPlayer and Windows Media Player and I have about a million different codecs I've downloaded and it only happens with .avi.

Is there some program that would solve it or something? thanksthanksthanks

alvino said:
I can play .AVI fine on Real Alternative or Windows Media Player.

I know, on my other computer I can play the exact same file fine, on this computer this happens. Maybe the new video player will solve my woes, if not :(

john123 said:
it most likely will, as windows media fails to play a great number of files.

That actually isn't true. If you have the right codecs, WMP can play TONS of files. I play AVI, VOB, AC3, DivX, XviD and a whole bunch of other files. The only ones I can't play are MOV and RealPlayer related files (which is why I have Real Alternative and Nero Showtime).

It PLAYS the video, it's just that it plays it in slow motion. Then every few seconds it decides to skip ahead 5-10 seconds to catch up with itself, and the entire process repeats.

Oh, and I downloaded that video player John linked me. Same problem except instead of playing in slow motion the video dosn't even move :/

does it happen with all .avi files or just the one? If it's just one then the file might be corrupt.
U said that u had already downloaded lots of codecs but u could try downloading k-lite codec pack. With the k-lite codec pack and VLC I haven't found a file I couldn't play.

Back
Top Bottom