Ultimate Home PC Hardware List

Yeah get a diff. mobo, asus, msi or etc... also that video card is real over kill. Yes stick with the 7 series, but move to a diff gtx card. have you though of water cooling, this way it gives you better flex with the system if you overclock it. There's never really a ultimate pc, technology changes too fast to say current. unless you have unlimited funds. Anyone know where to buy a whitebook? I want to toy around with a very upgradable laptop. something similar to the Alienware m7700 series, where just about everything is upgradable. I don't really want to spend 2500.00 on a laptop, from a major company.

I'd dif go with a pricey mobo, Intel corno duo,t oss in water cooling (if your capable) if not get a awesoem case with awesome air cooling with a awesome GPU (I suggest two) b ig HDs and a raptor for fast access.

Unlimite computer is a pointless disccusion really, because its often itmes far over kill.

ASUS makes the best Intel motherboards. There are no motherboards taht come close to the stability and overclockability of ASUS Intel motherboards.

Yeah, its a non gaming machine so why go for that graphics card?...

You'll also need a dedicated sound board. Don't trust the ones on the motherboards ever! Thats my inclanation.

You dont necesarily need a sound card. They just take the proecessing load off of the processor.

Exactly, and thats good...

Plus, quality from dedicated sound boards are much much better.

But its necessary like a video card. you can game perfectly fine without a sound card. The audio codecs for onboard sound are getting a lot better too. There are more features on onboard sound that getting a sound card might not be worthwhile. Unless you are into like mixing music and that hardcore stuff, a sound card isnt necessary, but also nice to have ;)

yeah but you can still get a sound blaster live 5.1 for under 20 bucks, which produces great sound. Also 7.1 and up are not really used yet in most games and movies.

Yep, any onboard sound card will be beaten by a standard Creative one, that can be picked up for very cheap indeed, and will power a good speaker set like no other onboard would.

Plus, like I said, load off the processor is a good thing.

The fact that a real sound card has millions of transitors just like a CPU, yet, an onboard probably has much less. I'm sure this also counts for a better signal, unlike onboard where your going to get loads of noise from other devices adding to everything.

Back
Top Bottom