MOnitor not displaying any image

jim123

Baseband Member
Monitor blank

i have two computers and 1 will not show anything on its monitor (monitor does not start up.)

i have tried this monitor with my other computer and it works fine.

is there something wrong inside my computer for this to be happening. :confused: :confused:

thanks in advance

jim

It could be possible that the monitor you have has a native resolution and/or frequency too high.

What video card do you have?

alvino said:
It could be possible that the monitor you have has a native resolution and/or frequency too high.

What video card do you have?

nope i know that the monitor is ok as i have tried with a different computer.

i dont know about my video card sorry

thanks for trying to help!!!

jim123 said:
nope i know that the monitor is ok as i have tried with a different computer.

i dont know about my video card sorry

thanks for trying to help!!!

When people say that the resolution is too high, that doesn't mean the monitor has a problem. Resolution is a setting on your video card, on your computer, so if the setting is too high on your computer, then the monitor can't show it. Put a different monitor on the computer that has problems, then change the resolution on that computer to a lower setting, then change it back to the monitor you want.

Ok the most likely answer if the monitor is working on another computer, is that you have adjusted either the resolution setting, or the refresh rate, as has been mentioned in previous posts.

However rather then lugging around monitors, restart your computer, and press F8 and this will give you Safe mode boot options menu, select one which is not command line, and windows will boot into VGA mode, this will then allow you to adjust your graphic card settings to one which will work.

Then reboot your computer in normal mode, and it all should be good.

My computer did that right after I put a fx5200 in it , and then a week after that it wouldnt even turn on so I'm guessing the videocard...

Back
Top Bottom